What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Minnie processor chip version

Maddawg46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an iPad air. My wife has a year old iPad mini. What processor chip does the mini have? The IPad air I ordered has an A7 chip. It does not specify in the General section.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's the first generation mini, it has a Dual-Core A5 chip. Mini 2 and 3 both have the A7 chip.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to add to Johanna's excellent answer, I took a look at the Wiki article HERE and put together a composite Keynote presentation showing some of the differences in the Mini models (see attachment).

My wife has the original iPad Mini and I've been trying to convince her to upgrade (after the wondrous changes I experienced going from an old iPad 2 to an iPad Air 2 in December, especially the retina screen) - she just got a new iPhone 6, so was not that interested (at the moment) - ;) Dave
Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 7.43.48 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts