What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini's not really that small.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I first heard about the Ipad Mini 2 which I ended getting this year back in January I thought they were going to be really small. they are not really. I think calling it the Mini might be a little bit of a misnomer.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Compared to the standard iPad at 9.7 inches or the iPad Pro 12.9, I think the mini at 7.9 inches is appropriately named.

I used my mini2 for a couple of years and it served me well doing basketball stats and general usage. When it failed, I replaced it with an iPad Pro 9.7/128 which is much faster in operation, but I can definitely feel the heft. The 12.9 is much too large for my needs.

I would have been tempted to replace the mini/2 with a mini/4 had the mini/4 come with the updated A9X processor the Pro uses. The A7 in the mini/2 was really struggling for me and had some choppy game play and very long loading times for certain apps (2 plus minutes). I originally thought 32GB would be plenty, but was starting to get squeezed for space. It's funny how the space seems to disappear over time. ;)

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well there is something called the Ipod Touch and thats smaller and thats almost like a tablet. but I guess your right compared to the bigger ipads they are quite small. but I admit its not what I thought at first when I hear mini.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does Apple still make the iPod Touch? What's that, a 4 inch display? These days, I would consider that a micro screen. :D

But I guess it's all what one prefers. For instance, the older I get, the larger I like my screens. So my current phone is 5.5 inches. But I want it bigger next time. ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does Apple still make the iPod Touch? What's that, a 4 inch display? These days, I would consider that a micro screen. :D

But I guess it's all what one prefers. For instance, the older I get, the larger I like my screens. So my current phone is 5.5 inches. But I want it bigger next time. ;)
The 6th generation iPod touch is still being sold. It has the same size display as the iPhone 5 series.

Last edited:

Joanna91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also think the mini is an appropriate size. Any smaller, it would be the iPod touch (like others have mentioned) :D

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
even smaller would be the iPod nano or iPod Shuffle but those are music players and not tablets.

Most reactions

Latest posts