What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini 2 on the way out.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the iPad mini 2 might be on the way out. I noticed that on Apple.com it no longer says mini 2 next to the mini 4 on the little black icons on the page.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think the iPad mini 2 might be on the way out. I noticed that on Apple.com it no longer says mini 2 next to the mini 4 on the little black icons on the page.

It has been discontinued.

Thomas - rumors hint that Apple may completely eliminate the iPad Mini line (some info HERE); your Mini 2 is now in its 4th year, so if you are enamored w/ that size iPad, you probably should look into upgrading to the Mini 4 (my wife owns one and loves it - has the 'fingerprint' technology) - if you might want to go up in size, then take a look at this Macworld Article - Dave :)

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just effin got my mini 2 this year and I am very happy with it and am no where in position to change or can afford to upgrade any time soon.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thomas, I understand your angst. You shouldn't need to update anytime soon... unless the mini form factor is important. But I can't imagine the Apple will do away with the mini. I am under the impression it's a popular size.

At some point, you will be unable to update the mini2 to the latest iOS... which means you will also be unable to update your security too. Just the age will live in these days with portable electronics being almost a disposable item, albeit an expensive one, IMO.

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All the Ipad MIni 2 is for me is so That I can do email some, websurfing, youtube, play some games, facebook email and face time. It was just a alternate to my main desktop computer so I did not have to be in my room all the time. its not all that important that i have the latest stuff.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts