What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini's New Rear

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess there will be a new color scheme for the front and back of the Mini. I have seen the black/black one from the video. Does the white Mini have a white back too? How about the material and feel? Slippery or rubberized?

Lazarux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess there will be a new color scheme for the front and back of the Mini. I have seen the black/black one from the video. Does the white Mini have a white back too? How about the material and feel? Slippery or rubberized?

White/silvery back. Think it has the same feel as the Iphone 5.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've already ordered cases and covers for mine, as I'm fearful it will scratch and marr with a fleeting glance. :)

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iam going to pick one up in a reseller store tomorrow i have one pre order because i know the bloke behind the counter really well he said he would put my name on one of the 64GB black version one and i'am going to get a smart cover and screen protector installed before using it don't want it scratch.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving one to my 4yr old with only a smart cover. I'll post pics in a month on how thrashed it gets.

OP
zman

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't notice that Apple had this photo on their website since I wanted to get mine @ Target for the $40 gift card or maybe price match that @ Best Buy :p

Hmmmm...I am still undecided on the color. My wife has the iPhone 5 so I do not know how the back feels. Is it less slippery than an iPad 3? A little more grippy?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it is very grippy at all. I get the black mainly because the white bezel draws your eye to it rather than to the screen. Black fades into the background, wher the bezel should be. Downside is that it shows fingerprints (on the front) moreso than white.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon is already selling a rubber case to protect the back that works with the Apple Smart Cover. Looks interesting...

41HLHva8LZL.jpg

51UpYlkadNL._AA1000_.jpg

Attachments

• 41HLHva8LZL.jpg
    41HLHva8LZL.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 617

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you kids and your "protect the back".

Never understood the case wars.. I can understand the case to give more grip. But in fear of scratching the back? Really? ...the part of apple fans I'll seriously never understand.

To be fair I will be getting a clear protector for front/back of my i5 but that's simply to uphold the re-sale value of the phone. My ipads don't see pocket abuse like the phones. And with the Verizon i5 being factory unlocked, I have a vast market to sell to. Other than that, my i4 has seen only a few scratches in its naked 2 years..

cpc12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it has a little grip as the back is anodized its not super smooth but it does not slide out of my hands either. This thing rocks.

sdcromer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will definitely add a case to add some grip to my Mini. I can see this falling out of my hands easily.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mini came out of the box and immediately went into a gel-type case. I might take it back for the 4G LTE model....having a hard time deciding, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts