What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini - Wouldn't it be funny if...

Fingle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd just like to remind everyone that Apple has never admitted to the existence of anything by Apple resembling the iPad mini, nor have they said they are releasing any such thing.

Wouldn't it be funny if an announcement was made by Tim Cook in mid-Octoberalong on the lines of:

"Look, this announcement is going to be short. There has been much speculation in the media about a 7 inch tablet from Apple. I'm here to tell you that we are not going to produce, nor have we ever intended to produce a 7 inch tablet. We have something better, the revolutionary iPhone 5, which you may recall we announced last month..."

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. I've [moderator edit: link to personal blog removed] with the best of them too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiXoLoGiSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this announcement at an event? I highly doubt he would make any kind of announcement just to reveal that they will NOT be making an iPad mini. Apple usually doesn't announce things they aren't going to make, rather upcoming products they are making. Given the leaked parts it is highly likely they will be making an iPad mini so they can gain some customers on the smaller tablet side of the industry. Apple sees how well the nexus 7 is doing despite its 7" screen and apple would be smart if they made a more affordable iPad that is easier to travel with. There's tons of people out there who would prefer the iPad but they want a smaller tablet so with apple releasing a smaller and more affordable tablet they will kill the market.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear there shipping all new iPad minis with a paperback atlas to compensate for their poor maps app lol :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
riggsnicholas said:
I'm really waiting of this. I would like also to buy iPhone 5. :)

Lots of stores are offering the iPhone 5 for sale, most on back order.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, your story is kinda funny but just like Mixologist said, it will never become truth.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if they went the other way and announced the iPad massive 70" version :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Wouldn't it be funny if they went the other way and announced the iPad massive 70" version :)

They'd have to call it the MaxiPad.:D

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What would REALLY be funny is if they announced they will release an iPad running Android and the best selling Android tablet suddenly came from Apple. Perhaps they announce an 129.00 iPad.

An Apple Android tablet would be great. Not because it would be a better tablet, but it would shut up those people that hate Apple for no reason and love Android for no reason. As you might gather, so many people talking about how Apple is bad/good or Android is good/bad are clueless morons.

An Apple tablet running ICS would make heads explode because they could not figure out how to bash Apple and not bash Android at the same time.

Perhaps a 5-1/2 inch iPhone you can run both operating systems on if you want to do so. Add plenty of memory, a killer battery and sell it for 129.95, with or without a contract. Perhaps 30.00 unlimited everything plan running on AppleSATs 1,2,3,4 and 5 for world wide coverage.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Perhaps they can call it the iPad Surface replacement for the table Surfaces you already use. Everyone will love the new iPad Surfaces for the home and office. We will introduce all kinds of surfaces. Surfaces from Apple make life easier because of the many things a well made display Surface can provide. And Apple intends to become the leader in computing surfaces.

Others have tried to introduce all kinds of surfaces for computing devices, but the Apple iSurfaces are clearly superior to any other computer Surface you can purchase late in October, 2012 or November 2nd or so. An Apple spokesman indicated the release party will be held November 2, in Redmond Washington.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Perhaps they can call it the iPad Surface replacement for the table Surfaces you already use. Everyone will love the new iPad Surfaces for the home and office. We will introduce all kinds of surfaces. Surfaces from Apple make life easier because of the many things a well made display Surface can provide. And Apple intends to become the leader in computing surfaces.

Others have tried to introduce all kinds of surfaces for computing devices, but the Apple iSurfaces are clearly superior to any other computer Surface you can purchase late in October, 2012 or November 2nd or so. An Apple spokesman indicated the release party will be held November 2, in Redmond Washington.

I hope you know that the new Microsoft tablet is called Surface??

Most reactions

Latest posts