What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini wifi connection problem

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad and an ipad mini. They both show connecting to my wifi router but the mini will not connect to anything on the Internet and the ipad connects to everything with no problem. Does anyone know why this would happen and how it can be fixed?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad and an ipad mini. They both show connecting to my wifi router but the mini will not connect to anything on the Internet and the ipad connects to everything with no problem. Does anyone know why this would happen and how it can be fixed?

A few things you could try to fix your problem:

Go to Settings - Wi-Fi, turn it off and then on again.
Restart your iPad mini.
Reboot it. (Press Home button and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.)
In Settings - Wi-Fi tap the arrow in the blue circle next to your provider, choose "Forget this Network". Then set it up again.
Restart your router. (Turn it off for at least 10 seconds, then on again.)
On your iPad, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. Set it up again.
Sometimes it's possible that you have to change the channel on your router.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I tried each of your suggestions and nothing changed. Both the ipad and the mini show connection with the router with the same signal strength indicated. Side by side the ipad connects quickly to any site and the mini sits there and "spins" until the server times out.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The suggestions by J.A. above have been known to help with WiFi connectivity problems. Have you tried testing WiFi connection on other than your router? Say an internet cafe or on a friend's router, just to make sure it's not a problem with the Mini.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I used the hotspot on my phone and it worked fine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the latest firmware installed on your router?

If Bluetooth is turned on (iPad), then turn it off. Sometimes that helps.

Last edited:
OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes on the router. I turned off Bluetooth but nothing changed.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more question, before I'm running short of ideas:

It may sound weird, but: is your screen brightness adjusted at the lowest setting? If it is, slide it upwards, wait for 2 minutes and try connecting to wifi again.

Last edited:
OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really appreciate your help but, no that didn't work either. I found it is not just the mini. It is the phone and laptop doing the same thing. The ipad works perfectly.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd guess in this case that the router is causing your problems, not the device.

Did you try to connect your mini to another router, not at home? Also not through tethering/hotspot.

Last edited:
OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mini does work with another router. I guess the Comcast router is causing the problem.
Thanks for all of your help.

crystalseo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aviation regulations

Wow!!definitely that is a amazing blog. i was taken some of tips from in your post. It's helps me out. I like it too much. thanks...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, crystalseo1! Welcome to iPF!

Great that you found something that helped you!

Last edited:
OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works with a different router. It must be the Comcast router. Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts