What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marthren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Mini retina display was working well last night. I've had it for a few years and I've kept such good care of it that it looks almost new still. Usually when I go to sleep I leave it to charge through the night.. But when I woke up today it had a black screen and was not responding. It felt pretty warm on the middle right side of the tablet. I've tried the power reset method (home+lock button) to no avail. I've tried using a new charger... Still no response. However, it's been over an hour and it still feels warm on the right side. I sat it beside a fan and cooled it off and after a few minutes it gradually warms up again. I'm no technician so I have no idea what that means. I didnt ever drop my tablet and it's in great condition. Also, the charger I have is not Apple brand but when I tried the switching chargers method I used an Apple one. Any tips? I don't want to lose my tablet as it is all I have aside from this old iPod I'm typing this on (I think it's third gen, idk). And I don't have a job being as im working on my license so I can't afford to have my tablet professionally looked at ... Sounds quite pathetic. I had researched troubleshooting it myself but found no working method.
Anyway, thanks for any advice :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on what you said about the iPad heating up, I think it's possible that a short has developed in the battery circuit. The overheating is taking place where the battery is located. You'll want to have the iPad checked out to confirm this. Genius Bar appointments at an Apple Store are free. If the battery has become defective you'll have no choice but to have it replaced.

Most reactions

Latest posts