What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini sync issues, no icon

iheartcle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just got my iPad mini, however on the box it says you need iTunes 11. iTunes 11 has not been released, but I did read a couple articles online where people were still able to sync with the current version of iTunes.

I downloaded the current version of iTunes, restarted my computer, replied the lightning cable, still nothing. I don't have an iPad mini icon on my iTunes and can't seem to sync. Never had a problem with any other iPod syncing.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Synced my mini with the latest iTunes without problem .

OP
I

iheartcle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it's the cable, when I plug into the computer, under the battery sign, it says "not charging". Doe the iPad mini only charge when plugged to the wall adapter?

My computer made the ding sound whenever I connect to iTunes, then asked me if wanted to use a a camera program for the files or whatever. So it sound like it's connecting just can't sync.

1 do you see the iPad icon when you connect?
2 does your box say you need iTunes 11?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPads don't charge when connected to USB. Shouldn't prevent you from syncing though. Try a different USB port, maybe. Make sure it's USB2, not 1.1.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is restoring right this moment. It also says not charging while connected to the computer. Plug the cable out a few times and try different ports. The computer I sync to has flakey ports...and I had plug my iPad 3 in several times to get the computer to even see it (well, to get iTunes to see it...I heard the "clink" noise everytime I plugged it in. Some computer have flakey ports (mine has a rather cheap case, which I think is the real problem).

Noramar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I have a similar problem. As long as I physically connect the iPad to my Mac, iTunes sees it. As soon as I pull the plug, it disappears. I briefly had the same problem with my iPhone 5, but it seems to have resolved itself, no idea how or why. Maybe with the software update I installed today, but that's just a guess. I have iTunes 10 and the iPad Mini has whatever version it was shipped with.

Noramar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already checked for iTunes updates, but I have the latest version. I've already tried restarting the iPad. I don't think recharging is the issue, as the battery is currently at 80%. The USB connections are fine and, in fact, that is the only time my Mac sees my iPad Mini. It just can't see it via wi-fi at all. I'm not being negative, just reporting what I see. Maybe once the iPad Mini's software gets updated it might be resolved, just like it happened with my iPhone 5, which had the same problem ... invisible via wi-fi, so could only sync while physically connected to the Mac. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be an update for the Mini just yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts