What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini love? Yay or Nay?

hushgrrlMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad mini owners please share your experiences so far with this tablet.

If you were to ask me, id be biased and say its just awesome! :)

OneZeoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally decided to sell my 32gb nexus 7 (great device) for the iPad Mini after playing with one in my local Apple store.

Only got the 16gb mini as its all I need.
After a weeks use I'm LOVING the mini!!

Screen looks great and not being retina doesn't make much difference, great app selection and all I've tried work well on the mini and using the mini for web browsing is a joy

Very happy with my mini and only way ill sell it is to upgrade to a mini 2 later in 2013 :)

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my new mini... Been browsing the web mostly with some light YouTube and ebook reading. Also use it for email and sync with google calendar. It's a great device from build quality to form factor to IOS.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great, sharp screen - think retina would be overkill. Good size easier to hold than full size ipad, easier to read than iphone. And to think Jobs was against it!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would post my feelings about this device, but I've done so so many times that I feel I'd be overdoing it if I did it yet again. :)

amylyn1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll just say that I love everything about it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a white 16GB wifi/4g Mini and I love it. The screen is fine. I can notice a difference with text being a little "fuzzy" but I've found zooming in does the trick.The portability factor makes up for this. Also, it's very easy to hold.

I still use my larger ipad(mainly at home) but the Mini sees the majority of use. The battery life is fantastic.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my new mini... Been browsing the web mostly with some light YouTube and ebook reading. Also use it for email and sync with google calendar. It's a great device from build quality to form factor to IOS.

How do you use your iPad to sync with your Google calendar? I would like to know this as I have a Nexus 7 and Android phone along with an iPad 2.

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you use your iPad to sync with your Google calendar? I would like to know this as I have a Nexus 7 and Android phone along with an iPad 2.

I just entered my google name and password for gmail into the email app for the ipad mini and for youtube app and it has been syncing automatically. You might have to have calendar sync turned on on both devices... Im not sure about that... but it works. Got a notification about a doctor appointment that was only entered on my phone, it showed up on my N7 and mini... (obviously you have to be connected to wifi or cellular to sync...)

Edit: just checked my mini and all my appointments are indeed in the calendar app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my mini. Its basically the best gaming device I've ever owned. The performance of the older chip is just fine its smoother than my nexus 7 was. All games run smooth, many games on nexus 7 lagged. I just wish text was sharper but that'll come in due time with the iPad mini 2...and Steve jobs said 7 inchtablets are dead in the water, well I just sold my iPad 4 seeing as it was collecting dust.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quadtronix said:
I just entered my google name and password for gmail into the email app for the ipad mini and for youtube app and it has been syncing automatically. You might have to have calendar sync turned on on both devices... Im not sure about that... but it works. Got a notification about a doctor appointment that was only entered on my phone, it showed up on my N7 and mini... (obviously you have to be connected to wifi or cellular to sync...)

Edit: just checked my mini and all my appointments are indeed in the calendar app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I added my Gmail account to the mail app and it worked! Thanks so much!

esco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the mini with LTE. I've never had a couple of iPads in the past, but none had cellular. Size of the mini + LTE + city commute on the bus = awesome.

Most reactions

Latest posts