What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini IOS 6.1.3 wifi only what is my options to jailbreak.

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends I got Ipad mini wifi IOS 6.1.3 and I want to Jailbreak I read in the forum here that IOS 6.1.3 was released on 19th March 2013 and CANNOT currently be jailbroken. what is my best option now. thank you

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 cannot be jailbroken on any iPad. Only the iPhone 3GS old bootrom has an untethered jailbreak, and the iPhone 3GS new bootrom, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4th Generation have a tethered jailbreak. @winocm and @ih8sn0w have essentially finished the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak, but have found that exploits may be usable on iOS 7.X. In hopes of having both tools pushed out as cleanly as possible, they're waiting to see if the exploits are indeed usable on iOS 7 or else wasting exploits/vulnerabilities that could possibly be used for future tools.

OP
D

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I upgrade or downgrade to reach a hackable ios version and which version is the best to move to it now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I upgrade or downgrade to reach a hackable ios version and which version is the best to move to it now.
You can't downgrade the iOS version on your iPad mini and the only version you can upgrade to is the latest iOS version, iOS 7.0.4, which has no available jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only the iPad 1 and iPad 2 can be downgraded. The iPad 1 can be downgraded as you please assuming you have SHSH blobs. The iPad 2 can be downgraded to iOS 5.X with the assumption that the user has iOS 4.X and iOS 5.X blobs. All other iPads cannot be downgraded.

You can consult here

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so long both 6.1.3 and latest ios version are both unhackable do you advise me to stay on 6.1.3 or upgrade I mean which is better and expected to be jailbroken. I think to move up to latest version is better is this right or wrong?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
so long both 6.1.3 and latest ios version are both unhackable do you advise me to stay on 6.1.3 or upgrade I mean which is better and expected to be jailbroken. I think to move up to latest version is better is this right or wrong?
Since you are currently on iOS 6.1.3, it's recommended that you stay where you are while waiting for a jailbreak. That way, if an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is released, you're already there and if an iOS 7 jailbreak is released, you can upgrade and jailbreak. The reason that staying put on iOS 6.1.3 is recommended is that if you upgrade to iOS 7, you can't downgrade if an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is released before an iOS 7 jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since you are currently on iOS 6.1.3, it's recommended that you stay where you are while waiting for a jailbreak. That way, if an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is released, you're already there and if an iOS 7 jailbreak is released, you can upgrade and jailbreak. The reason that staying put on iOS 6.1.3 is recommended is that if you upgrade to iOS 7, you can't downgrade if an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is released before an iOS 7 jailbreak.

This. I'm willing to wager that the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 (and possibly 6.1.5 as well) jailbreak will be released before the iOS 7 jailbreak, so if you stay on 6.1.3, you'll most likely have access to a jailbroken iPad Mini first compared to upgrading now to iOS 7. I've yet to hear of a case where Apple's patched a jailbreak completely before it's been released at all, it's always after. So if there's news that the iOS 7 jailbreak will be released soon, you can upgrade then. If there's a new iOS 7 delta that's been released prior to the jailbreak being released, more than likely it will be supported as well unless the tool/source codes are leaked to Apple.

If there's a definitive release month, you can decide a few weeks prior whether you want to upgrade to iOS 7, or stay with your iOS 6 jailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts