What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad Mini as e reader?

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kindle HD in addition to my ipad mini. They both have the same 32 GB of memory, but the ipad was almost exactly twice the price of the Kindle HD. I like them both for reading though. I just alternate them when the battery on one needs recharging. Maybe I read too much!

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The kindle paperwhite to me feels more like reading a book as I have sensitive eyes, I spend atleast 10hrs a day working on pc and my eyes are stressed at the end of the day. Normally before I fall asleep I will read about an hour and find myself having to focus more on text, my eyes feel like they are going crossed. I struggled with the idea of having a tablet plus a dedicated e-reader since you can indeed use an ipad for a reader, but in the end after trying out the paperwhite my decision was cut back on screen time or pay the money for the e-reader...

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad mini and a regular kindle. It's more comfortable on my eyes using the ereader. I'm thinking about the paperwhite or voyager for when I read at night when I need a light but don't want to disturb my hubby. The ipad screen hurts my eyes after an extended period of time reading. During the day, the mini is great.

Most reactions

Latest posts