What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini 2: Retina or not?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely going to for the Mini 2. Downgrade in size, upgrade in capabilities. To my surprise though, Apple dropped the iPad 4 over the iPad 2, which means the iPad 2 is one tough cookie to crack.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely going to for the Mini 2. Downgrade in size, upgrade in capabilities. To my surprise though, Apple dropped the iPad 4 over the iPad 2, which means the iPad 2 is one tough cookie to crack.

I can attest to how good the iPad 2 is! Love it!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard that a lot of schools are using the iPad 2, which is why Apple is really keeping it around, as schools can afford it....which is a crock, because Apple can offer the 3 or 4 for the same price as the 2 if they wished.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard that a lot of schools are using the iPad 2, which is why Apple is really keeping it around, as schools can afford it....which is a crock, because Apple can offer the 3 or 4 for the same price as the 2 if they wished.
probably costs more to make the 3 or the 4 over the 2. Retina screen etc. makes sense to me.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
probably costs more to make the 3 or the 4 over the 2. Retina screen etc. makes sense to me.

No doubt it cost more...but Apple is making lots of profit on folks who pay $399 for a 16 GB iPad 2. And if it is mainly sold to schools....seems a bit wrong...

But hey...I'm going to lay out for a 128 GB LTE mini 2...and I'm doing this why owning a Nexus 7 (2013 model) and a Nexus 10. You get what you pay for and for me, the iPad just has better and more apps.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the mini size, if indeed it's retina im def onboard. Seems to good to be true if the battery life is the same but i aint complaining

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the mini size, if indeed it's retina im def onboard. Seems to good to be true if the battery life is the same but i aint complaining

I would not count on battery life being exactly the same...but it should be close enough not to cause serious problems.

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time to upgrade, the new specs for the ipad mini is vey tempting specially the retina and the A7 64 bit. It was my choice of upgrade until I saw the ipad air. I am now in pause mode. My daughter is pushing me to upgrade so that she can get my current ipad mini -:). I don't know my ipad mini fits my camera bag perfectly. Decisions decisions.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, some folks will struggle over this. But for me, the path is clear. Mini retina! Fits into more places, travels better, and weighs less. That mean I get more bang for the buck. I admit that I do like the Air, though, but I'm only going to allow myself one iPad this time.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, some folks will struggle over this. But for me, the path is clear. Mini retina! Fits into more places, travels better, and weighs less. That mean I get more bang for the buck. I admit that I do like the Air, though, but I'm only going to allow myself one iPad this time.

I have the 4 and the mini, i use the mini more just due to the fact i take it everywhere with me. The screen size is just right, weight is def a factor too when your on the go. Ive taken it places I never planned to like a on a camping trip for reading. Also price, if something happens to it being cheaper lessens the pain.

LindaMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I'll be replacing my iPad 1 with either the new mini or iPad Air, either one will be spectacular. Still leaning toward the mini, especially knowing it comes with the Retina display. Hubby wants my 1. Think I'll try to switch the $20 monthly unlimited data plan I got with the 1, to my new mini, & let hubby connect to the net with WiFi at home. Am I mean, or What!

Appleipaduser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappointed that Apple left out some of my requirements: 802.11 ac, 4GB RAM, 8MP Camera with dual flash, Touch ID! I may just wait..................again since the 802.11 ac is a must for me as well as 4GB RAM.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just ordered a refurb mini 1 (is that what they're called?). I waited till now to see if the new Mini had retina, and it does, but they also raised the price by $70. I don't NEED one, I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 and I just couldn't justify the expense. So, I got the refurb 32 for $339, which is $160 less than the 32 Mini 2. I figure I can always play with it for a bit and then upgrade down the road if I still feel a need to.

Most reactions

Latest posts