What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Waiting for Next mini Iteration?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your money, wait if you want. The color issues may never be fixed as it is not really an issue for most people. You can be sure the next processor won't offer the same bump in speed as the last step. Finally, while I do think Touch ID is nice, it is way more useful on a phone than a tablet.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im on the fence about the update myself, I picked up the mini retina this past weekend so ive had a few days using it. I will say right off the bat i do appreciate small text being much clearer on webpages, I also downloaded an ebook to read and overall satisfied. General speed seems to be slightly faster but I would really have to pay attention to notice any speed differences. Was it worth $500 vs 429 for the first edition 32gb? IDK, If I casually used the mini I wouldve just kept the old one as it worked perfectly fine. Overall I feel like im using my old mini other than having cleaner text, I didnt notice any odd color issues on the retina.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im on the fence about the update myself, I picked up the mini retina this past weekend so ive had a few days using it. I will say right off the bat i do appreciate small text being much clearer on webpages, I also downloaded an ebook to read and overall satisfied. General speed seems to be slightly faster but I would really have to pay attention to notice any speed differences. Was it worth $500 vs 429 for the first edition 32gb? IDK, If I casually used the mini I wouldve just kept the old one as it worked perfectly fine. Overall I feel like im using my old mini other than having cleaner text, I didnt notice any odd color issues on the retina.

You're not going to notice the increase speed unless you do something taxing...for example, opening certain games is much faster on the new mini...as is playing certain games. Reading an ebook or webpage aren't things that use much processor or graphics power.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting, yes, but not because of any concerns about the Mini Retina; merely because I bought an Air instead and kept my original Mini. I suspect the next generation will be my time to upgrade.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're happy enough with your current iPad mini I can't blame you for not upgrading as it was the best tablet I've ever had before the retina. The fuzzy text just drove me crazy after a year and I was basically getting the iPad mini retina no matter what the cost. It's literally just an HD version of the iPad mini. Everything is so incredibly clear. The color issues are a non issue for me. I would've never realized it wasn't 100% color accurate had I not heard about it. I feel like this is the largest upgrade the iPad mini will ever have. Moving from A5 chip and SD to having the top of the line A7 chip and retina screen. I can't see anything in the next two or three years that'll make me feel like I have to get the next generation. The retina mini is future proof for several years. Especially with the 128GB version that I got for $640 on eBay (;

Most reactions

Latest posts