What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini 1st gen

Msstormy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
Is there anyway I can get my iPad mini faster. I restored it but it is still slow.
When I buy a pc I can upgrade for at least 7/9 years.
Can I do this with these iPads or when it's old it's old? Maybe a new battery?
Thanks
Msstormy

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello!
Is there anyway I can get my iPad mini faster. I restored it but it is still slow.
When I buy a pc I can upgrade for at least 7/9 years.
Can I do this with these iPads or when it's old it's old? Maybe a new battery?

Hi Msstormy - welcome to the forum! :) You have an iDevice from 2012 w/ internal specs of the iPad 2 (from 2011 - one that I once owned) - the machine cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.x - as to 'slowness', you've provided no useful information to offer advice, e.g. what is the internal storage in GB, how much is currently used and is available, and what is 'slow', i.e. specific apps, Wi-Fi, other or all? Please respond w/ more specifics; BUT, if you want to take advantage of the newest iOS and current apps, you'll have to obtain a newer device. Dave

The first-generation iPad Mini (stylized and marketed as iPad mini) is a mini tablet computer designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc. It was announced on October 23, 2012, as the fifth major product in the iPad line and the first of the iPad Mini line, which features a reduced screen size of 7.9 inches, in contrast to the standard 9.7 inches. It features similar internal specifications to the iPad 2, including its display resolution (Source).

OP
M

Msstormy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Msstormy - welcome to the forum! :) You have an iDevice from 2012 w/ internal specs of the iPad 2 (from 2011 - one that I once owned) - the machine cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.x - as to 'slowness', you've provided no useful information to offer advice, e.g. what is the internal storage in GB, how much is currently used and is available, and what is 'slow', i.e. specific apps, Wi-Fi, other or all? Please respond w/ more specifics; BUT, if you want to take advantage of the newest iOS and current apps, you'll have to obtain a newer device. Dave

Sorry It is 56.5 gb available 24.4 gb
Slow my game and the internet. I cleared the internet.
Version 9.3.4 MD530LL/A
Does this help?
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry It is 56.5 gb available 24.4 gb
Slow my game and the internet. I cleared the internet.
Version 9.3.4 MD530LL/A...........

Thanks for the additional information - you seem to have plenty of storage and free space - please tell us what game(s) you are playing and if this is an issue w/ a specific game(s) or all games; also, how are you connecting to the internet and what is the 'quality' of that connection? If the latter has been an issue, have you tried the game(s) on another Wi-Fi network; if so, any difference?

In the meantime and if not already done, 'Reset' the iPad, i.e. press both the HOME & ON/OFF buttons together until the Apple logo appears (may take up to 10 seconds), then release and allow the device to reboot - NONE of your apps, info, or settings will be lost - tell us if this maneuver helps. Dave :)

Most reactions