What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding off buying iPad mini for mini 2

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How does one put mini in the car?

Well the way most people do it is buy a cheap CD player from best buy or something that is supposed to replace the stock radio. take stock radio out and connect the cheap CD player except put it in the glove box, connect the apple harness to it and then all you have to do is fabricate some sort of mounting device. My plans are to use the poetic case i have for it, mount the case where the stock radio Goes and then i would be able to easily Remove the ipad if i needed to. There's tons of you tube vids with all kinds of car models on there where people have done it. The pic that I posted it my exact interior where someone has already done it.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These pics show more of what I'm talking about, now obviously that's not clean enough. I will run all wires and cords behind dash.
u5ynajeb.jpg

tu2u3a4e.jpg

Sorry to thread jack BTW...

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to get the mini. One thing I have found is that its difficult to hold while laying down. Its not wide as the full sized iPad which makes it quite difficult to hold with both hands for long periods. Holding with one hand while laying down is not that comfortable, either. But I think the main reason could be due to the fact that the white mini has a very slippery back, and when you combine with its very thin frame makes it quite awakward to hold while laying down. I think I need to get a very light cover for it with a grip-able back.

In terms of resolution, my friend has the Nexus 7 and the Nexus is noticeably better in that regard. Makes watching video playing games, viewing web pages more pleasurable on it. In terms of sound, weight and build quality, though, the iPad mini is superior. The sound, in particular, is surprisingly loud and clear, almost as good as the iPad 2, but not quite.

Last edited:
OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coming from an Ipad 1. The mini is a heck of a nice step that I'm more than pleased with..

Not surprising since the mini is more than twice as light and much thinner than iPad 1, and better resolution.

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 3, planning to change to a mini. I use my iPad daily for work.
Question for mini owners who use it daily for work: What do you carry your mini in,
if anything? Are you going naked or using a cover?

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have compared my mini to a new iPad with the retina display and there is no noticeable difference in the display due to the size difference. As this is my first Apple device, I find the mini to be an excellent step up from most of the android devices I have owned.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have compared my mini to a new iPad with the retina display and there is no noticeable difference in the display due to the size difference. As this is my first Apple device, I find the mini to be an excellent step up from most of the android devices I have owned.

My sentiments exactly!

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must say, however, that my Asus transformer 300 t allows me to use micro sd cards for expansion. Android does have some uses for me but I find iOS to be much smoother and more fluid in operation.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think in buying computers or electronics, you really should wait til the last minute.
And as for new technology that will be put in the next iteration of the iPad mini,
Why not a 8 core A7 processor with improved graphics engine? It never hurts to have a little extra processing power.
For those wanting to use the iPad mini in the car, consider Bluetooth for audio and a docking station like Infiniappstand.
You can always take longer to get the job done, but why wait.
And I guess people can save money and get better return on investment if they only waited.
But who wants to wait.

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There will always be the " next big thing" just around the corner. If you wait for it, you might never accomplish anything. Yes, there may be a new mini just around the corner or, better yet, a 32 core 12" iPad with 1 terabyte of storage. You get the picture. Buy the tech that will do the job when you need it. If your needs change later, buy something else.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I have to disagree. Nothing beats a retina display. That being said I love my mini and I'm def preordering a mini retina haha

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will always be the " next big thing" just around the corner. If you wait for it, you might never accomplish anything. Yes, there may be a new mini just around the corner or, better yet, a 32 core 12" iPad with 1 terabyte of storage. You get the picture. Buy the tech that will do the job when you need it. If your needs change later, buy something else.

Where can I preorder that 12" iPad? And does it have retina? Lol :)

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probable will be out just after the retina mini with 256 gb of storage. I have a 16 gb mini and ran completely out of storage this last weekend taking panorama pics in Red Rock Canyon, NV. Just dumped them to the laptop and all is well again but it did remind me that I need a mini with at least 32 gig. For those who don't use the mini camera for pics, bummer. It does a pretty good job and is easier to carry than my DSLR.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting until the release of the mini 2, then will buy the 1st gen mini when the price drop hits.

Most reactions

Latest posts