What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad messed up after turning off voice over

Papaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turned on voice over and multitasking features. Didn't like, turned them off. Voice said it was off, but didn't go off. Mulitasking said it is off, but still have to tap 2-3 times to get ipad to respond (open up a link, app, etc). Also, when I hit general, can't see the accessibility features When I try to open up "general" on settings it says: about, software update, usage/sounds/ network, bluetooth, i tunes....on and on and then at the bottom is multi-tasking. Where is ACCESSIBILITY? Also, virtual keyboard isn't working...sometimes it will type one letter several times from many i tried to type. Also, can't scroll up or down a page anymore. So frustrated. Help please!
Thanks!

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings, you may have too many apps loaded and/or running in the background. You can check this by double clicking on the round 'home' button. The screen will appear to slide upward revealing apps (if any) which are running in the background. Having too many in this list will cause the iPad to malfunction. You can turn these off by touching and holding one of the icons in this lower section. All of the icons in this lower section will start to wiggle and a round symbol with a minus sign will appear in the upper left of the icon. If you touch this l title icon the program will close and release the memory it was using up. I usually close all apps in this area when I am no longer needing the apps. You can use this are to easily switch from one running app to another. Just double click the home button and touch the app you want to switch to. Copying information from one app to another is quickly done with this.
There is another way to show this area of running apps by using gestures. I think it is a four finger swipe upward from the bottom, but you said that you turned off gestures. I don't use them because they aren't available on iPad 1.
If closing background apps doesn't help then you can try turning off your iPad and turning it back on. Hold the power button until the 'slide to power off' message appears. Then slide the slider. Wait until your iPad shuts off. Then press the power button for about a second, or so. The white Apple logo will appear. Wait while your iPad reboots.
Let us know if this helped.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Most reactions

Latest posts