What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad turns off after installing repository

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on 4.3 jailbreak. I installed myrepospace repository and then this one: http://www.myrepospace.com/profile/zhpenn/94108/IPAD2-CDMA-JBMe-CAMkit-FIX-V3
hoping to solve the camera connection kit problem.
Since then ipad turns off when trying to open any application and the app-icons are smaller and all over the screen.
Please help! what can i do to save my files and jb? can i uninstall the repo through ssh?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad does not like that tweak you just loade for the CCK fix. It must be for the iPhone, which is why your iPad is having a hissy fit...

You'll need to get that tweak uninstalled (and doing it via SSH is not a goog choice ... May may the iPad worse).

The best thing to do is to start your iPad in Safe Mode. That will stop it from the constant crashing. The, go to Cydia and (1) uninstall that tweak you just loaded and (2) then delete that repo (so you won't be tempted again).

After a uninstall/reboot, your iPad should be fine. Let us know if it's not.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I notice the tweak in the repo is for CDMA iPad2. Do you have the CDMA model (Verizon) ?

OP
M

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
very nice suggestion mickey the problem is that there is no option to uninstall the tweak but only to install it, so i guess it is not installed but has some system files affected? I deleted the repo though with success. But the problem remains. By respringing, the application-icons become as they should be but when i restart the ipad everything is as before ie on every application click the system crashes. The distribution of the icons on the screen is as previous described. So respring helps but no permanent solution.
I am afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall the sbsettings the device will be unusable

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts