What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 7 drops back to home page

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had problem with ipad turning off then having to press the side button together with the home button for it to restart. Contacted Apple who ran diagnostic check and said nothing wrong and to do a full reset which I did. That problem seems to have gone away but now i get the occasional dropping off of whatever I’m doing and switching to home screen, any ideas, many thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had problem with ipad turning off then having to press the side button together with the home button for it to restart. Contacted Apple who ran diagnostic check and said nothing wrong and to do a full reset which I did. That problem seems to have gone away but now i get the occasional dropping off of whatever I’m doing and switching to home screen, any ideas, many thanks.

Hello - for starters, tell us which iPad you own, what iOS is installed, and whether one or more apps related specifically to this issue? - Dave :)

OP
N

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 7 10.2 ios 13.4.1 4 weeks old.

OP
N

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also does it with different apps.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In my experience, the current version of iOS tends to crash apps randomly for no reason. Apps are also quit and relaunched instead of waiting in the background, reverting to their startup state instead of maintaining your place. 13.4 is pretty buggy. 13.5 is due soon, so let's hope it's better.

Most reactions

Latest posts