What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad keeps dropping apps

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since upgrading to latest OS some of my apps keep dropping out and returning to home screen. Any thoughts out there?

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newer versions of ios use more ram and the iPad 1st gen doesn't have as much ram as the 2nd and 3rd gen models. Make sure you close all you apps regularly from the multi tasking bar.
Sometimes fully turning the iPad off and on again helps too.
Also when I want to play memory hogging games like infinity blade 2 I run my iPad in safe mode, that helps if you're jailbroken.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mikeos has given you some good advice and this is most probably a ram issue you have. Another area you can look at is Safari, some sites use a lot of ram, so closing Safari completely before a Gaming session can be a good move too. Also a good idea is to clear out your history and cookies also, Settings - Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts