What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad JB problem.

nicksamba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the JB went great, flew right through it just as expected.

Here is the issue I am running into, please help if you can.

When I try to organize my apps, I hold my finger on an app until they all start shaking...you know the drill.

When I try to move the app left, right, up, or down. If I move left, the app goes right...if I go up, the app goes down.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas how to resolve the issue?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

When I try to organize my apps, I hold my finger on an app until they all start shaking...you know the drill.

When I try to move the app left, right, up, or down. If I move left, the app goes right...if I go up, the app goes down.

Did you isntall SBSettings or Winterboard?

I think its a winterboard issue after removing winterboard my ipad went back to normal.

some SBSetting themes require winterboard and will auto install it for you.

OP
N

nicksamba

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think its a winterboard issue after removing winterboard my ipad went back to normal.

I have SBS settings and winterboard, so if I remove winterboard it should fix it, at least it did for you?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

I have SBS settings and winterboard, so if I remove winterboard it should fix it, at least it did for you?

Yes, remove winterboard and reboot the ipad, if that doesnt fix it. remove sbsettings as well.

sbsettings by itself should be OK, but some sbsettings themes will install winterboard and mess it up agian so read what all the theme will install before installing it.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just noticed they put out an update to winterboard yesterday that fixes a UIDevice bug on the iPad.

so it may be working on the iPad now. I'm not a fan of winterboard as it slows down the device even if no theme are being applied.

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me too and I never installed winterboard or SBsettings on my Ipad. I just rebooted it to get it to go back to normal.

if you watch when it happens though not only is the touch inverted but the icon turns sideways when you try to move it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This happened to me too and I never installed winterboard or SBsettings on my Ipad. I just rebooted it to get it to go back to normal.

if you watch when it happens though not only is the touch inverted but the icon turns sideways when you try to move it.

Rebooted multiple time didnt resolve it, Uninstalling winterboard fixed it.

SBSettings is OK.

Most reactions

Latest posts