What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad jakarta, Indonesia

passenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some feedback from Jakarta Ipad Owners. I would check on the local forums, but i dont speak bahasa yet.

My questions are as follows:

1. What are the typical prices for plans for unlimited data in Jakarta? Do they offer fast and reliable access? ( I have just moved to the 35th floor of apartment in Jakarta Pusat and this has rendered my smart hdspa completely useless because apparently i am too high up...)

2. Is anyone tethering an HTC or Nexus one phone to their ipad in Jakarta? Interested to here how well it works on the jakarta network as i am loath to pay companies two separate fees for ipad and phone connection.

Any info would be much appreciated

Chris :confused:

mohit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some feedback from Jakarta Ipad Owners. I would check on the local forums, but i dont speak bahasa yet.

1. What are the typical prices for plans for unlimited data in Jakarta? Do they offer fast and reliable access? ( I have just moved to the 35th floor of apartment in Jakarta Pusat and this has rendered my smart hdspa completely useless because apparently i am too high up...)

2. Is anyone tethering an HTC or Nexus one phone to their ipad in Jakarta? Interested to here how well it works on the jakarta network as i am loath to pay companies two separate fees for ipad and phone connection.

Hi Chris, Im using a "3" data card, i live & work in north Jakarta and it works fine, the best is telkomsel which is $$$, 200k a month i think, second to that would be indosat im2 i guess, only way to be sure is you buy a one month prepaid card and test them, which ever works the best, you could commit to that or just continue using prepaid,

Cheers, M

OP
P

passenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will test the prepaid cards and post an update.

Chris

OP
P

passenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. I am trailing prepaid. I am using 3 this month. rp 37,500 per month - 1 gig limit (slows down after that). It is reasonably fast and consistent.( I am sure telekomsel is faster but it is good enough for me.) It even works in my apartment (35th floor) which is more than i can say for my phone.

Last edited:

hambone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys I was just wondering were can i buy an Ipad 16gb 3g in Jakarta and what is the price
Please reply

Last edited:
OP
P

passenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is still not available from official Apple suppliers in Indonesia, so only parallel imported models are available.

I find this store usually has reasonably good prices, but there might be places you can get it slightly cheaper.

electronic gadgets store - Roxy Square, POINS Square, Kamera Digital, Kamera SLR, Lensa, Blackberry,Iphone, Ipod, Asus eeepc, GPS, Camcorder, Projector, HTC, Imate, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Casio, Kodak, Mio, Ipaq, Lowepro, Lensa, Notebook, Lapto

Still cheaper to get one in Hong Kong or Singapore if you can.

balram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hi Chris, Im using a "3" data card, i live & work in north Jakarta and it works fine, the best is telkomsel which is $$$, 200k a month i think, second to that would be indosat im2 i guess, only way to be sure is you buy a one month prepaid card and test them, which ever works the best, you could commit to that or just continue using prepaid,

hai, all

I agree infor from chriss... iam balram

Most reactions

Latest posts