What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD JAILBROKEN!

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is totally not like that at all. It's more like buying a porsch and after getting it home you find out the the Porsch company had installed artificial and arbitrary performance limits on nearly every aspect of the car. What JB does is remove some of those performance limits so you can have things like:
- multi tasking
- more icons in the dock
- more icons on the home page
- folder-like categories
- call blacklisting
- internet tethering
- a much more useful keyboard
- themes
- caller ID blocking
- lock screen items like email, weather, news, and SMS

And many other very useful features that should have been included in the stock phone but that Apple decided not to include. I've been running JB iphones and iPodsfor over a year and have yet to have a single problem.

I like that analogy. Well observed and true.

I also have a jailbreak on my (factory unlocked) 3GS. For most of the mentioned reasons. And most of them will be obsolete with 4.0

That's why I will take my time to make a decision if I want to jailbreak 4.0 again. For the moment I doubt it, but who knows, what cool features I want by then.

:cool:

Oddphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why would someone come to This forum,Under hacks, and post your uneducated opinion about jail breaking? It,s not like putting rims on a Porshe, it's like putting a steering wheel on because Porshe decided it was best for your saftey not to include one. If you are computer iliterate please do not speak of things you do not know or understand. I have had every generation of the Iphone and had them all J.B. never bricked one, and enjoyed all functions and also functions available to windows mobile users for years. I hate to say this but as far as computers go Macs and all Apple products are for people with more money than sense. I purchase the iPhone and iPad for quick uses but the real work gets done on a PC. An apple product will never be anywhere near as universal as a Windows PC, Iphone o.s. will never be as universal as Android. I bet you guys like Bose too. Jailbreaking an Iphone or Ipad just gives you the usability that every other device gives but Apple deems not nessasary. Maybe you guys need a babysitter but some of us play with big boy toys. And when we feel as though we've been ripped off, we do something about it. And believe me, if anyones iPhone was bricked, THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG. If your buddies car kept braking......You may think, and he may think he did things proper but results say differently. Any mod to anything involves some risk, and if done improperly will cause problems. The secret is truly knowing what you are doing and not B.S.ing yourself, Because your only B.S.ing yourself. I am a proud owner of a J.B.iPhone 3 gs. It does what I want, not what apple chooses for me. I'm a big boy.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Oddphone

For a 1st thread this is for sure an interesting introduction. You are insulting and disrespecting a lot of people here and I wonder if my response will be the only one.

Your comment misses the point on several things and I am happy to discuss that in private, as I don't like public flaming.

Nevertheless, welcome to the forum.

Oddphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of my post was directed toward one person. My opinion about apple products is exactly that, an opinion. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, just set things straight. Apple cripples there products and this is widely known....it's a fact. if you were offended I am sorry and apologize.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Limera1n for OS4.0

Geohot - the famous iPhone hacker, who developed Blackra1n for the iPhone is obviously working on the 4.0 version. Just one day, after he hacked the first beta 4.0, he reserved the domain "Limera1n.com"

Things are on the move again.....

ra1ndrop.png

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking for tether

Yeah I support the jail breakers because, I have a droid and an iPad 32gb wifi model and I wanted to be able to tether it to my droids 3G service , well I rooted/jail broke my droid and am now able to run an app on my droid that turns my droid into a wifi hotspot. I am now happily typing this while riding on the city bus! So there you go a jail breaking story with a happy ending.

Lennywc typed on my tethered 32gb ipad

Jimbobboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess i'm just not that cool, i have no interest in jailbreaking my IPad. I paid 700.00+ friggin dollars for it, and like to use it as it was designed.

I have a friend that bought a perfectly nice car, then in the first month did all this crazy sh*t to it, and now he is constantly having stuff go wrong with it, and don't tell me he did it wrong, he did it right, but I defy anyone out there to tell me they know more in engineering terms than the collective knowledge of Volkswagen, or Apple for that matter.

if that makes me a sheep, then...... baaahh

I agree, just want my Ipad to work correctly.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Oddphone

You are insulting and disrespecting a lot of people here and I wonder if my response will be the only one.

Your comment misses the point on several things.

No he isn't, and no it doesn't. It's a great post. It's informative and, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air. He hits several nails squarely on the head.

You, Kheldour, are the one insulting and disrespecting a lot of people here by imposing your thin skin on the rest of us.

Oddphone is exactly the kind of person that should be on a forum like this. He should be encouraged. You can learn a lot from him about how to get the best out of your hardware. This is valuable stuff. A lot more interesting than someone whining about how far the postman has made it from China with his iPad.

And back to the point about jailbreaking an iPad. A Porsche comes out of the factory set up for the average driver, but if you know what you're doing (or if you know someone who knows what they're doing) you can turn it into a truly awesome machine. Probably a better analogy for the iPad would be a Fiat 500. You can't do a lot with a 500cc engine, but I suppose you could get it to do more than the standard factory model.

Most reactions

Latest posts