What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is black!

Matthew-

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought a new iPad when all the sudden the screen goes black right after setup. I try to do what it says on the piece of paper out of the box. But all it does when it turns on gives me a small box in the middle of the screen and one side of the box is red. What do I do?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does what you see look like this?
39A86A84-7785-4732-91A1-1149BEB42BB4.jpeg

If so, it means the battery doesn’t have enough charge to turn on. Connect it to the charger. It could take a while to get enough charge to boot.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That box is the outline of a battery and the thin red lined at the left end indicates that the battery charge is almost at 0%. The cord below the battery icon means that you should connect the iPad to its charger. A full charge could take up to several hours.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t see a white brick in it.
Hello Matthew - welcome to the forum. Please provide more specific information regarding 'how' you obtained this 'new' iPad? Did you buy or order the device from Apple or another reputable re-seller? Is the device really 'new', given to you, bought online (e.g. eBay), or from another source? There are too many 'missing' items to believe this is a bona fide new product - help us first to help you; we all seem to have questions? Dave :)

Most reactions