What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad/iPhone email help

mx505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to link my iPad and iPhone email. If I delete a message from the iPad and check my iPhone email later, the deleted messages show as new messages. I'd really like to not delete the same emails twice. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to link my iPad and iPhone email. If I delete a message from the iPad and check my iPhone email later, the deleted messages show as new messages. I'd really like to not delete the same emails twice. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

If you set up your email using microsoft exchange this will sync your email over multiple devices. Gmail supports exchange email for example. At present you only can have one exchange account on the iPad but you can have multiple exchange accounts on iOS 4 on the iPhone.

Here a link for setting up gmail this way. Set up is the same for both iPad and iPhone

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

Back up all data before setting up, you can't be too careful

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Go to settings/mail on the iPad/iPhone

go to the email account you want to change and hit advanced.... set the delete mail from server option to something other than "never" or "seven days". Now when you get the mail on that device, it will not show up on other devices...... but, understand. If you delete an email on your phone or whatever, it will be GONE for good.....

I leave it unchecked on all my devices except the one that I use as my "main" email device....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts