What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad hit stair when I tripped; now it's dark

mrvy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stubbed my toe walking upstairs and fell forward; I didn't drop the iPad, but the back (not the screen) hit the stair, and now the display is totally dark. Is there anything I can try before taking it in? I've turned the power on and off; that didn't jump-start anything. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I stubbed my toe walking upstairs and fell forward; I didn't drop the iPad, but the back (not the screen) hit the stair, and now the display is totally dark. Is there anything I can try before taking it in? I've turned the power on and off; that didn't jump-start anything. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
The impact may have jarred a screen connector loose. Here's something you could try, no guarantees, though. Try giving your iPad two or three firm thumps on the back with an open hand. Others have reported success with this method. If it doesn't work, a thrip to the Genius Bar is in order.

Most reactions