What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Highlighting News Articles

Sherri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying, to no avail, to highlight an article within a newspaper article and then email to myself or to other associates. (For example, an article in the Wall Street Journal) I don't have the ability to highlight (or make any notations) or even send an article to i Annotate to do the highlighting. any and all assistance would be appreciated!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most news sites (especially a popular one!) should allow you to email the entire article to friends.

However, if you want to highlight, try double tapping on a single word to bring up a blue rectangle, and then expand the rectangle by dragging the blue dots on the outline of the blue rectangle.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That will copy text nicely, but won't copy pictures (which can also be selected if you start with a bit of text and drag the handles). The only way I know to do that is with Evernote.

iCab will let you create a note from the selected parts of a website using Evernote. You can also do it in Safari with this ingenious workaround: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/19911-evernote-web-clipper-installation.html

Both solutions are very slow, but better than nothing in a pinch.

The other option is to email the link. Just tap on the share link to the left of the URL field and choose Mail Link to this Page.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a trick that might help
If you can screenshot it get app NOTES TO STORE you can then add picture and add text or highlight

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like NYT has somehow disabled the ability to highlight and copy text from the website. Perhaps the WSJ has done the same. This is probably to prevent people from selecting text and emailing to friends to avoid getting dinged by the paywall.

Most reactions

Latest posts