What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad has weird bar that show up only when scrolling on facebook page

CmwDB30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad 2 just yesterday started showing this black bar in the middle of the screen which becomes visible only on facebook's website, and only when I am scrolling up or down. Once I stop, it disappears. No other website has produced this bar. Anyone ever had this happen or know what it could be? I am thinking of going to Radio shack, where my iPad was purchased or set up a meeting at the Apple store to hopefully get this fixed.

Chris

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the Facebook app? Try deleting and reinstalling it to see if that takes care of it.

Otherwise, yeah, I'd take it in.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it is only happening in FaceBook it is unlikely to be a problem with the iPad.

If you are using Safari (and not the FaceBook app) then try going into Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Data. You'll have to log in again, but it should clear things up.

OP
C

CmwDB30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions guys. It turned out that it is nothing but a scrolling bar which I did not notice before. It does not always appear but it was strange because it was on the side of the screen going up or down on Facebook, and now some other sites. Now on Facebook that scrolling line is at the bottom as well as the sides, yet it was directly in the middle before. Funny how I did not pick up on these subtleties before.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. (heh) I would never have guessed you were looking at the scrolling bars. I envisioned something much more intrusive and annoying.

Thanks for letting us know the score. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts