What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Frozen Up - Very aggravating to say the least

loybanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
loybanks.com
The iPad has been idle doing nothing for a couple months. Now when I press on the start up button the interface appears only for a few moments then goes back to blank. When the interface does show up for a moment it's frozen with box in the middle showing...icloud backup locked or...also the slide switch that normally would bring up the or open the iPad is also frozen. I'm at my wits end here folks. Need some help. Thanks so much to all.

loybanks

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless pressing both the start button and the menu button puts it in the starting mode, I feel it's to the Apple store for help. You sure the battery is charged?

OP
L

loybanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
loybanks.com
The unit has been plugged in all the time. So the battery should be fine. Still needing help guys. Or maybe we will have to go to Best Buy for help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset? Hold the power and home buttons down simultaneously, you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, keep pressing in the buttons until you see the Apple logo appear then release. This may take up to 30 seconds so be patient. Let us know how you go.

OP
L

loybanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
loybanks.com
That did it!! WOW! Holding both down for a time brought up the Apple logo. Then all went well from there. Many thanks to all.

Most reactions