What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad for Android User ?

Daniel2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a Galaxy note 10.1, a Android device. I want buy a Ipad but i have some doubts about Ipad and IOS 8.

1. Galaxy note 10.1 have multi window, Ipad air have this?

2. Galaxy note 10.1 have muti window with superposition, Ipad air have this?

There is the possibility that IOS will have this resources?

In general, swap Android by IOS is a good choice for me ?

Thank you very much.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Currently, iOS does not support any similar multitasking that you mention. Maybe in a future update but that's not gauranteed. Honestly, if the features you mention are important then I would NOT switch to apple.

OP
D

Daniel2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, s2mikey.

This features are important but not essential. I thought in Ipad because my galxy note 10.1 have a problem with display and I think that this problem will not be solved. Technical assistance in my country is bad.

I thought in Ipad because this is a good device and I think that Ipad is most durable and resistent that Galxy note 10.1.

In Android i had some apss:

Google Schedule

Lecture notes ( for handwriting)

Google Keep ( for brief notes)

Dropbox

Drive

Airdroid( conection between tablet and PC via wifi)

Netflix

and other apps...

My questions is:

Has IOS good free apps like Android ?

Sorry for my english, I don't know completely this language.

Thank you.

lrowic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, s2mikey.

This features are important but not essential. I thought in Ipad because my galxy note 10.1 have a problem with display and I think that this problem will not be solved. Technical assistance in my country is bad.

I thought in Ipad because this is a good device and I think that Ipad is most durable and resistent that Galxy note 10.1.

Google Schedule

Dropbox

Drive

Netflix

and other apps...

My questions is:

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .
Google Schedule

Dropbox

Drive

Netflix

and other apps...

My questions is:

Thank you.

1) Google Schedule: I have no idea. I've never heard of this service. iOS has the ability to sync with Google Calendars, and there are several third party apps that will support Google Calendars; so if that is what you are talking about, you are covered.

2) Google Keep: There is no direct support, but there are a few third party apps that claim to work with Google Keep. I don't know how well they work.

3) DropBox: Of course. DropBox is everywhere. Even iOS.

4) Drive: I assume you mean Google Drive. Yes, Google has a Drive app for iOS. They also have separate apps for their Docs and Sheets apps.

5) Airdroid: Depending on what you want to do, there may or may not be ways to work between your iPad and the PC. In general, you can do anything you can from an Android. In some cases it will be harder, in others it will be easier. If you have a Mac the easier things are more common.

6) Netflix: Yes. Pretty much the same as on Android. You need a subscription to get full use from the app.

There are very few apps you'll find on Android that are not also on iOS, if not the same app then a similar one.

There are fewer free apps on iOS, but still a great many. Apps also tend to be higher in quality, especially the ones that are not free. Nothing unexpected about that.

lrowic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, s2mikey.

Google Schedule

Dropbox

Drive

Netflix

and other apps...

My questions is:

Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts