What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed of Ipad

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who have read my other thread I am inbetween getting an Ipad, waiting for Ipad2 or waiting for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.

The new wave of Ipads are all core duo processors. How is the speed on the orginal Ipad? I can't decide what to do.

Wait for android, wait for an apple announcement or go to the apple shop and buy one today?????

Last edited:
OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in the uk? probably. but in 4 months time we'll know where the ipad2 will be, which will have a camera.

True enough, i guess even when the new ipad comes out it will still hold its value quite well?

I see you can get one from orange for £99 and then £25 a month - this is an option but then the wifi model only is also appealing as it will probably be used around the house more.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
my mate has a wi-fi only model he bought for family/home use this last Christmas and loves every moment with it. the only reasons i'm not yet buying one are -

1) i need a camera option for work purposes for skyping

and

2) even though i'm a general Windows person, i just love Apple's mobile devices, iOS, hardware etc etc, so for me it'll certainly be an ipad over the competition.

i'll be needing 3G as well, but thats great because i can easily get a £10 per month (no ties) deal on that with any provider.

as mentioned, we've probably got another good few months before we see an ipad2 in Cardiff here, which means we're stuck with an ipad1 in the meantime. If all you want it for is general home use then you cant go wrong, and even in months to come it'll still most probably be way ahead of it's competitors due to Apple's touch screen and iOS technology. True, the ipad doesn't yet have a camera and full Flash capabilities, but is that so important to you? it isn't for a lot of peeps and together with the indefinite wait of an ipad2 announcement, can you wait? i can :)

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who have read my other thread I am inbetween getting an Ipad, waiting for Ipad2 or waiting for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.

The new wave of Ipads are all core duo processors. How is the speed on the orginal Ipad? I can't decide what to do.

Wait for android, wait for an apple announcement or go to the apple shop and buy one today?????

No way. I'm not sure where you heard this but that would be a complete shocker to everyone. The current iPads don't run Core processors as it is and I don't see that happening ever. Maybe a dual core ARM will be coming.

Most reactions

Latest posts