What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for 76 year old Mom

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to move my Dad into my old iMac. At 85, he doesn't want any change from his old Dell with XP. I wouldn't mind as much if I didn't have to maintain the old clunker.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We're giving my folks ( both in their seventies) a new iPad for their 50th wedding anniversary. I'm planning on surprising them with it at the weekend and I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to see their faces. My dad is a bit of a technophobe but has had a bit of a play with my iPad 2 and was really impressed with reading the Daily Telegraph on it. They are both going to love Facetiming our kids, and I'm sure we're going to be inundated with photos via email once they've learnt how to do that. My dad saw me using gestures to swipe the screen and I caught him trying to copy me, but without actually touching the screen lol... It looked like he was trying to practice a spell over it!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did he watch any of the Harry Potter movies? I've seen children do the same thing. :)

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Did he watch any of the Harry Potter movies?:)

Lol...I think he must have done. That is exactly what it looked like!

Most reactions

Latest posts