What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad flower icon

Monjacbai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have noticed today that there is a flower icon on my iPad hat did not appear to be there before. I clicked on it and found some unpleasant images that I have no idea how they appeared there. These pictures are not on my camera roll of photo album. I googled it and have found that I can disable the icon; which I have done. I would however like to get rid of these images from my iPad for good. Could this be some kind of virus? My iPad is very new and I am also wondering g if perhaps it has had these photos loaded in the factory.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean the flower icon that appears when you remove your iPad from sleep mode, that's the slide show button. It can launch a slide show of images on your iPad. That flower icon has always been there. How the photos got on your iPad is the question -- is someone sharing your iPad or iCloud account?

iPads don't normally come with any photos on them from the factory. Did you buy a used iPad that wasn't wiped? I've seen a few reports of such.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to Settings > Picture Frame, you can see what settings and what albums/areas of the Photos app the pictures are coming from.

The Photos app's library is where the photos come from. If you really can not find these photos in any place in the Photos app, then something very strange is going on. Hold in mind that depending on your settings, you may only be seeing portions of each photo, as the slideshow tends to crop things for what it considers the best view (especially of zoom in on faces is turned on).

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you are sharing someone's photostream. Just chucking this one into the mix to cover possibilities.

I don't use photostreams but they can be shared. Maybe in this case by someone who doesn't know they are doing it?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps you are sharing someone's photostream. Just chucking this one into the mix to cover possibilities.

I don't use photostreams but they can be shared. Maybe in this case by someone who doesn't know they are doing it?

Yes, this is what I meant about maybe sharing an iCloud account (with photo stream on). My husband's iPhone is my old one, so I can see all his photos. I hate having my photo taken and noticed that he'd taken one of me, which unbeknownst to him, I've since erased on all our devices, by deleting on photo stream, lol.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, this is what I meant about maybe sharing an iCloud account (with photo stream on). My husband's iPhone is my old one, so I can see all his photos. I hate having my photo taken and noticed that he'd taken one of me, which unbeknownst to him, I've since erased on all our devices, by deleting on photo stream, lol.

You've still been had. Erasing from the Photo Stream won't remove it from the camera roll of the device that took the picture. :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've still been had. Erasing from the Photo Stream won't remove it from the camera roll of the device that took the picture. :D

Is that right? No prob. I will delete the next time he leaves his phone untended. We know each others' phone passcodes -- only I remember his and he's always forgetting mine, lol. He won't even remember having taken the photo now, because it's been a few weeks.

Most reactions

Latest posts