What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon Creation

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In our business we have just proposed that we create iPad shortcuts for many exhibitors within a pavilion at a tradeshow. Now I need to figure out how to create the icons.

Basically I want to take a companies logo and make it the icon you tap just like any other basic app icon (safari, itunes, mail, photos etc). This icon will take you to any number of places such as their website, a photo collection etc.

The second solution I will need is how to customise a folder icon. I know you can take an individual icon, drag it not another and make a folder. If I put 5 icons in a folder how do I then use a custom image (logo) for the folder?

I am sure this will be so incredibly easy i will be embarassed so go for it ... make me feel stupid.

MobilityGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.MobilityGo.com
You will need a registered developer (or at least the registered development tool-chain) to do this for you, which can easily create icons/apps and upload them to an iPad.

This can be very easily done, contact a local developer. We are in Montreal.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot do any of these things on the iPad. Except make a shortcut to their website on the home screen. Yes you need to be a developer and make an app to do what you want. Apple Developer you have to pay $100 a year and learn the code.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In our business we have just proposed that we create iPad shortcuts for many exhibitors within a pavilion at a tradeshow. Now I need to figure out how to create the icons.

Basically I want to take a companies logo and make it the icon you tap just like any other basic app icon (safari, itunes, mail, photos etc). This icon will take you to any number of places such as their website, a photo collection etc.

The second solution I will need is how to customise a folder icon. I know you can take an individual icon, drag it not another and make a folder. If I put 5 icons in a folder how do I then use a custom image (logo) for the folder?

I am sure this will be so incredibly easy i will be embarassed so go for it ... make me feel stupid.

There is an app for creating simple icons. It is very easy. Here is a picture of my folder for the websites that I have created using the Touch Icon app. You can create an icon for a website and an icon for email. The Touch + app is pictured in the upper left corner.

If you have jpg files of each of your clients' company logo, you need to have each logo in your photo app so you can pull each logo in as you create the icon in the app.

16ad0834.png

The only way I have figured out how to customize folders is changing their names. I don't know if you can create a custom image for the folder as it uses little icons to represent what is in the folder.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts