What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting All Icons

BirdGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm working on a promotion for some clients and want to only have three icons/apps available: Videos, Photos, & Safari. I would like to hide/delete all the other icons (including factory/automatic icons/apps).

If this is possible, how do I do it? I had even though of moving the icons over about 10 pages to hide them, but it won't let me do that and have 9 empty pages. Do I need to hack or jailbreak it to do this?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting an Icon, means deleting the application. So why don't you delete all the rest?
I never tried to delete the original programs coming with iPAD, but I don't recall reading , that you can't.
Why can't you put all icons you don't need into a folder, and move it to next screen.
There are applications to hide icons, (like SBSettings ) but it is not really eliminate them completely from the screen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could also try using the restriction settings. Go to Settings >> General >> Restrictions. You'll have to enter a four digit code to enable them. Don't forget the code. You can disable individual apps under the App settings.

I haven't played with this extensively, so I'm not sure if you can get exactly what you are looking for. It may only lock those apps from use. Then you could do as Peled said and simply move everything you don't want off the main screen.

They will only see what you want there, but if they should wander away from that screen they still would not be able to use any of the apps.

But write that code down somewhere. If you don't have it you'll be back asking us how to turn restrictions off again, and you won't like the answer; restore.

OP
B

BirdGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting an Icon, means deleting the application. So why don't you delete all the rest?
I never tried to delete the original programs coming with iPAD, but I don't recall reading , that you can't.
Why can't you put all icons you don't need into a folder, and move it to next screen.
There are applications to hide icons, (like SBSettings ) but it is not really eliminate them completely from the screen

I don't think I can delete them, and I haven't found an app that can hide them. So I made the folder and put it on the second screen. Then I also added restrictions. I just wish I could do more.

Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts