What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad firmware upgrade

irhaith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I currently received an Ipad 2 Wifi with 4.3.5 installed. The previous owner did not do any updates or whatnot. I know that 4.3.5 is not jailbreak-able so I wanted to update to 5.x. Everytime I try to update, it gives me an error 3194. After reading some messages online, I see that maybe Apple has stopped signing firmware below 6. Is there anyway I can upgrade to firmware 5.x? I know you’re post says downgrade, but I would be upgrading right? If so, how would I achieve this?

please dont flame me.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I currently received an Ipad 2 Wifi with 4.3.5 installed. The previous owner did not do any updates or whatnot. I know that 4.3.5 is not jailbreak-able so I wanted to update to 5.x. Everytime I try to update, it gives me an error 3194. After reading some messages online, I see that maybe Apple has stopped signing firmware below 6. Is there anyway I can upgrade to firmware 5.x? I know you’re post says downgrade, but I would be upgrading right? If so, how would I achieve this?

please dont flame me.

Hello irhaith, welcome to the forum. If you are so inclined, go the the new members Subforum and introduce yourself. Take some time, whilst there, to read about the rules, tricks, and tips on how to use the forum.

Regarding upgrading to iOS5 in order to jail break...I think that won't be possible as there is not a jailbreak yet for iOS6. So you will need to go and upgrade to iOS6 and wait for the jail break.

We have an entire section on jail breaking, see this link:

iPad Hacking

Since the primary thrust of your thread is on jail breaking, I'll move your post to that section.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
irhaith, since the previous owner was not saving their blobs, the only thing you can do is restore to 6.0 and wait for the next jailbreak to be developed and released. This is not expected to be soon, but will likely take weeks, maybe even months :(

You can keep track of progress here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html. We keep the thread regularly updated whenever there is concrete news.

There is simply no way for you to install any version of 5.x. The SHSH Blob security cannot be bypassed.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forums, and rest assured, you are amongst grown-ups here. Unlike other forums, you won't get flamed round these parts! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts