What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad/Facebook issue

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with Facebook on my iPad Air. The app itself works fine but when I go to Facebook in the ipad settings to put in my password ( to sync it with the ipad and allow access) I get an error message. It says Error: Couldn't communicate with server. I know the password is right. I have deleted and redownloaded the app. I've done a reset on my ipad , restarted it. Everything I can think of and the same problem exists. Even more annoying is the fact that when an app wants access to Facebook I will get a prompt to put in my fb password in my settings , and of course if I do I get the same error message. I've had this issue about two weeks now . Does anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried going to Settings > Facebook, and completely signing out (remove your account info), waiting a while, then signing back in?

It could also be a router related problem, where FaceBooks's passwords servers are being blocked. Try restarting your router as well.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

OP
JoshuaMoore

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. As usual it seems like as soon as I post my problem I figure out a solution . It wasn't a router issue because the problem existed no matter where I took my iPad. The iPad also wouldn't let me delete my Facebook account from the device, I'd click delete but it wouldn't do anything . I did a factory reset of the iPad and it fixed the issue by removing Facebook completely from the device. It seemed to of been glitched or something . So problem fixed , I just have to redownload my apps. Thanks again for replying

Most reactions