What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook App on ipad

shideh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have a problem with my ipad air. Facebook App on ipad asked all of the Sudden to go to settings and give pass word. I did but it said an error accured accessing your account, give pass word for XX FB and when I do, it says can not communicate with the server. There is nothing wrong and I am connected via wi-FI iPhone works fine and all the other apps on ipad. and iPod work. I erased the app, re-installed, didnt help. I even re-set my Facebook password, still didnt help :( please can you help?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you reset the password using a browser, and as you removed and reinstalled the app, it should be up to date.

First of all, try resetting your iPad, maybe this will fix it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.
Restarting might also help - turn it off, then on again.

Delete History, cookies and data in Settings - Safari.

If the issue persists, report it to Facebook.

OP
S

shideh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but I have done all of the above, without help. Also have reported to help center. No help.
Thank you anyway

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you also delete the account in Settings - Facebook and reinstall it?

You could try to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset. Make sure you don't erase all content and settings - this will remove everything from your device and you'll get back to the activation screen. Resetting all settings will set your settings, everything you changed in the app, back to default. You'll have to go through Settings and select your preferences again.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

shideh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you also delete the account in Settings - Facebook and reinstall it?

You could try to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset. Make sure you don't erase all content and settings - this will remove everything from your device and you'll get back to the activation screen. Resetting all settings will set your settings, everything you changed in the app, back to default. You'll have to go through Settings and select your preferences again.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

shideh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Thank you. I saw there were also some updates which I did and I did what you said above. It works now Thanks a 100000000

Most reactions

Latest posts