What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad email won't send

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I set up my iPad to send and receive email through my business address (I use 1and1.com for webhosting). My iPhone email was set up by a buddy who is an IT guy so I copied everything exactly as is on my iPhone. I've rechecked everything and all the settings are identical to those on my iPhone.

My iPad is receiving email fine but outgoing email is stuck in my outbox. It says the email addresses are rejected by the server. The addresses are correct.

Is there something else I have to do so email gets sent out.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like bad password on outbound smtp server setup.

You can drill into the outbound server and supply the password or the easier route is to delete the entire account and recreate it. Do not copy from a other iPad unless you know how to access both the inbound a d outbound smtp server config.

iPad email setup automatically populates both smtp servers so best to delete and recreate the account altogether.

Most reactions

Latest posts