What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad doesn't see images on SD card!

butterflies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,
I am trying to get pics from SD card to iPad, but iPad doesn't see them.
I have tried to put them in a folder but to no avail.
These pics are from a Samsung Mini Smartphone. I have uploaded them to my PC and then uploaded them to a SD memory card. No problem so far.
With the adapter for SD cards I try to get them on the iPad (iPad 2). No succes.
Anybody suggestions?
Thanks,
Rob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This will only work if the photos are in the same file format used by digital cameras.
Here's the Apple page on how to use the camera connection kit. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4101
According to this, only device created files can be transferred. Images transferred from somewhere else cannot.

OP
B

butterflies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is really unbeleivable. They are JPEGS!!!!! Bloody iPad. I will be happy when I switch to another tablet.
Is nobody here annoyed by all this NOT POSSIBLE's?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello Rob.

Lots of things require an arm wrestle on iPad.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hello Col.

I don't have any problems that need solving.
I was only replying to Butterfly and his statement that "why is it so hard to transfer jpegs?"
He asked if he was the only one who thought it was, in my words "an arm wrestle" to move jpegs around?
I just let him know there is at least one other often frustrated iPad user.

Is it an arm wrestle to import photos via a USB device?
Well if the USB does not draw too much current and is recognized by iPad.
If the photos are correctly named.
If the photos are in a correctly named folder.
If you have a camera kit.
Then it will work.
To me that's an arm wrestle.

And yes I know you can do it other ways. But USB stands for Universal S B. what is so hard for Apple to set up for that.
Other "arm wrestles"?
They have all been done over at least 10 times on the forum, no need to dig them out again.

Most reactions