What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad display brightness keeps “adjusting” despite “True Tone” turned off

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this on both iPad Pro 12.9” 2nd Gen and iPhone Xs: regardless of whether I have instructed the gadget to not adjust the brightness based on ambient light levels, the brightness level gets adjusted anyway. I can’t explain it, but this is really creepy. Just sitting there, reading, drawing, and the brightness goes up and down by itself.

Is there a way to restore display brightness to be 100% under human control, and for it not to be adjusted ‘automatically?’

Thank you

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this on both iPad Pro 12.9” 2nd Gen and iPhone Xs: regardless of whether I have instructed the gadget to not adjust the brightness based on ambient light levels, the brightness level gets adjusted anyway. I can’t explain it, but this is really creepy. Just sitting there, reading, drawing, and the brightness goes up and down by itself.

Is there a way to restore display brightness to be 100% under human control, and for it not to be adjusted ‘automatically?’

Thank you
You can turn off Auto Brightness under Accessibility Settings - Display. You can then set the display nas bright as you like.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts