What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Crashing Lately

janelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had my iPad for a year and use it constantly. The last few days it has been crashing constantly. I closed all open apps, thinking maybe that was the problem but it wasn't. I have plenty gb left. This is becoming very frustrating. Anyone have an idea about what's happening and what i need to do? Thanks for your thoughts.

Reaction score
Have you tried holding the power and home button for about 15 seconds? Then let it sit while off for at least a minute?
If it works thank Tim from Scotland . I got that from him when mine was acting up, crashing frequently and it fixed it.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had my iPad for a year and use it constantly. The last few days it has been crashing constantly. I closed all open apps, thinking maybe that was the problem but it wasn't. I have plenty gb left. This is becoming very frustrating. Anyone have an idea about what's happening and what i need to do? Thanks for your thoughts.

The iOS operating system is designed to shut down apps when they begin to consume huge amounts of memory resource, or when memory is running low. (Memory has nothing to do with how much storage volume is left on the device.)

A reset should fix the problem, as mentioned above. I also use XSysInfo, which is an app that tells you how much memory is being used and which processes are using them - and it also includes two levels (normal and deep) of memory cleansing, which helps you to reclaim any "unused" memory.

OP
J

janelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I will put them to use and will get the suggested app. Will let you know how these things work and if the problem is solved! Sure hope so. I love my iPad but it has to work right.:D

OP
J

janelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did the hard reset and problem seems solved. So simple. Thanks!

Most reactions