What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad crashing all the time

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help!!! I have an iPad one... And it constantly crashes:-( I don't have iCloud on or any email accounts on the iPad, I jus use safari for that. It crashes on apps, safari, photos... Anything u name it, it crashes. It has been restored and upgraded and everything else tht can be done with it. It's really frustrating!!! Could some one please help me out.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I I had the same issue with mine a few months ago. I did a complete reset without restoring with iTunes and reinstalled manually all my apps. In my case, it did the trick but I still get crashes with the AppStore from time to time.

I disabled the gestures and the auto-correct also. Until now, it's running smoothly beside the AppStore issue.

You can have other issues so it may not work for you, but it's worth the try if you tried everything else. I think the key is NOT restoring which prevents any corruption (or whatever) to be reintroduced into your iPad.

My 2 cents...

OP
L

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I I had the same issue with mine a few months ago. I did a complete reset without restoring with iTunes and reinstalled manually all my apps. In my case, it did the trick but I still get crashes with the AppStore from time to time.

I disabled the gestures and the auto-correct also. Until now, it's running smoothly beside the AppStore issue.

You can have other issues so it may not work for you, but it's worth the try if you tried everything else. I think the key is NOT restoring which prevents any corruption (or whatever) to be reintroduced into your iPad.

My 2 cents...

Okay I will get the hubby to restore it tomorrow without iTunes. My other problem is which I don't know if I've ever heard about... When tappin the screen it's very u responsive, and I have to sometimes tap like 6 times for it to respond. I have disabled the auto correct and gestures and loads of other stuff:-( when I would be on Facebook and stuff and click into someone's photos, once they load up the iPad crashes:-( it's driving me insane lol.

OP
L

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tht was ment to be, it's very UNRESPONSIVE...

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
ladyknox said:
Okay I will get the hubby to restore it tomorrow without iTunes. My other problem is which I don't know if I've ever heard about... When tappin the screen it's very u responsive, and I have to sometimes tap like 6 times for it to respond. I have disabled the auto correct and gestures and loads of other stuff:-( when I would be on Facebook and stuff and click into someone's photos, once they load up the iPad crashes:-( it's driving me insane lol.

That's the problem I had. For some reason, several taps were needed to edit, click or do an action. Seemed like the iPad was stuck doing something else in the background before responding to the screen input. As for Facebook crashing when loading a picture, this points to a memory issue as there is not enough memory space left to load something else, thus the app crashing.

Make sure that only needed apps have access to the notifications and gps services. I do the same on my iPhone and having all of the apps enabled on these does drain the battery faster and uses more resources. Keeping only those that really need access does help a lot. For example: games do not need gps at all in general, but some do ask for it anyway.

As a test you can start with only one app opened to check if you have something running in the background. Skype, for example, keeps running in the background. If you have several apps like this, you will have issues on the iPad 1.

As you, I did tried all tips and tricks. But what really fixed my issue was resetting and not restoring the device.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
That's the problem I had. For some reason, several taps were needed to edit, click or do an action. Seemed like the iPad was stuck doing something else in the background before responding to the screen input. As for Facebook crashing when loading a picture, this points to a memory issue as there is not enough memory space left to load something else, thus the app crashing.

Make sure that only needed apps have access to the notifications and gps services. I do the same on my iPhone and having all of the apps enabled on these does drain the battery faster and uses more resources. Keeping only those that really need access does help a lot. For example: games do not need gps at all in general, but some do ask for it anyway.

As a test you can start with only one app opened to check if you have something running in the background. Skype, for example, keeps running in the background. If you have several apps like this, you will have issues on the iPad 1.

As you, I did tried all tips and tricks. But what really fixed my issue was resetting and not restoring the device.

Dr. House - thanks for posting this. It's straight forward and hopefully helps the poster deal with their problem.

AA

OP
L

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for ur post, I have tried everything u have told without any luck:-( I don't use the Facebook app I use it on safari. There's no apps on my iPad only this one for the forum. I have took all the photos of the iPad as well, it's still very unresponsive:-( maybe I should jus put it in the rubbish bin lol or start looking about for a trade in to upgrade. It's so frustrating that it actually makes using the iPad not enjoyable, because u know ur never gona get a task completed with out it crashing. Thanks a lot for ur help:)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am going to move this to the help section where you will get better attention.

Thanks!

OP
L

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ski monkey, cud u let me know what section u ha e moved this too??? Thanks:)

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having the same crashing problem recently. I have had my iPad 1 for 2 years......what is going on?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no answers, but my iPad 1 also crashes often when I'm using iTunes and when using the App store... It happens with nothing running in the background and after a cold reset.

In iTunes, If I sample more than 7 or 8 songs to hear the audio previews, iTunes will crash every time. It disappears from the screen and I have to restart it.. If I'm searching for an app in the App Store and click back and forth between the app description and the app search screen too many times,the same thing happens... It crashes after about 8 times.. This is ridiculous, especially considering that these are 'native' Apple apps and aren't written by some third party who may not have the best IOS programing skills..

Most reactions

Latest posts