What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad cracked screen

couture91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where can I go to fix my iPad cracked screen, n how much will it cost?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
couture91 said:
Where can I go to fix my iPad cracked screen, n how much will it cost?

Just take it back to Apple, someone else just had this problem a couple of days ago and they received a new one, free of charge. Although it isn't common knowledge and Apple want it kept that way, and they in no way have to oblige you, they will replace it. Once only. So be very nice.

OP
C

couture91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for about a month now. N I was thinkn that they might give me a break if I just be honest with them. I called and asked for a price but they said that it's best if I come in store.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the other posters have mentioned - you'll find many threads on this Forum concerning iPads with cracked screens. All Members who have returned their iPads have had them replaced as a courtesy. It's an unacknowledged, unpublished, "we'll deny it if you ask us", one-time only courtesy. Many store personnel don't know about it, so you might need to see a Manager. Don't go in with the attitude that you've heard about this policy. Be humble, be polite - explain what happened and throw yourself on their mercy. You should find they'll replace it.

Tim

stevehami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just FYI , FL Apple is not doing any 1 time glass repair. In fact they aren't repairing glass period. Since I have had the misfortune of cracking he glass on my Ipad2 twice... I would say I am an expert on this subject.
Don't even bother to waste your time calling Apple, even if you have Apple Care. If you have Black Tie (waranty from Best Buy)
or if you bought the extra waranty at Walmart... They both cover glass. I didn't have either for my IPAD2 3GwiFi 64g!
First crack was accidentally hitting the corner on a gkass coffee table top... Glass against glass, nothing gives.
After the first crack was repaired by a private repair guy with an OEM part I added a military tested cover ( ugly but looked very durable($80) The repair charge was $150. He repaired it in 1 hr.
Second crack which occured only 2 weeks later was when i pushed it into my purse ( i think, i am not really positive) and again the same guy is doing yet another repair for $150.
So, my advice is treat it like its a $850 crystal vase! Take caution, its NOT a sturdy laptop.
I may try an Aluminum case.
And we found the repair guy on Craig's list. Also we watched the repair procedure on YouTube... Search IPad glass repair and
look for a young woman in a brown golf shirt.
Best of luck in finding a reputable repair guy.

stevehami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops just realized that I am writing this on my husband's ipad2. I am CatFromFL, and i have the broken ones not hubby.( he doesn't have a purse!

Stefanie.joli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happen to me! Cracked screen

I really loved my I pad2, got it for Xmas but I'm so disappointed in Apple! My screen just cracked after two months. Makes no sense. But worse then that, they refuse to do anything for me. I called and they said it would be 500 to fix it at the apple store but maybe there was a possibility of them helping me out because I did have a cover on it and didn't drop it. So went to store and there was no curtisy one time replacement. They basically told me to go to hell. After driving an hour to the store for the appointment the tech on the phone made for me. Wow! I have two son's and a daughter n a husband who has 100 sales people who use computers, if they ask,
I think I'd have to give the I pad a thumbs down for the crack and the horrible customer service. Not sure what to do now

seanr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefanie.joli said:
I really loved my I pad2, got it for Xmas but I'm so disappointed in Apple! My screen just cracked after two months. Makes no sense. But worse then that, they refuse to do anything for me. I called and they said it would be 500 to fix it at the apple store but maybe there was a possibility of them helping me out because I did have a cover on it and didn't drop it. So went to store and there was no curtisy one time replacement. They basically told me to go to hell. After driving an hour to the store for the appointment the tech on the phone made for me. Wow! I have two son's and a daughter n a husband who has 100 sales people who use computers, if they ask,
I think I'd have to give the I pad a thumbs down for the crack and the horrible customer service. Not sure what to do now

So YOU broke your screen and somehow your upset at apple??? I hope I live long enough to see the entitlement syndrome that effects, or is that infects, so many whinny give me something for nothing spoiled brats stop! Man, or woman, up and take responsibility for your actions or lack of actions.

Most reactions

Latest posts