What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad clock

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for over a year now and since I got it the clock has been fast. I always re set the time but it doesnt take long before it is 2 or 3 minutes fast again.

Not a major problem I know and it is probably just me but it is annoying.

Does this happen on them all?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From another blog - can't mention which one...

"Does your WiFi iPad’s clock get out of sync?* Other people have had this issue and here’s what happens if you have been thinking that maybe your iPad is not working correctly.
The Wi-Fi iPad actually uses an internal oscillator to maintain its time so if you are not using 3G or do not have a 3G iPad then there is nothing external such as an Internet Time Server for your iPad to sync with and so the clock will often appear faster or slower than, say, your iPhone or your Mac/PC.
No reason for alarm though as this is normal for devices that use an internal clock."

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When/if you sync, the Wi-Fi only iPad sets it's clock from the computer (most of which get their time from an internet time server). Otherwise, you just have to adjust it yourself now and then.

Most reactions

Latest posts