What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad charging

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Mike, sorry for getting back so late, been away and blame the time zone:). thewitt above, and what you read, is quite right. You can't overcharge that beastie. How do we know? Because one of the big Apple honchos tells us so:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/03/27/apple-clarifies-the-new-ipad-battery-overcharging-non-issue/

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew,
Thanks so much. No need to apologise, I quite understand re. time zones etc. I am always confident of a reply on this forum.
Take care,
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
you dont have to let the battery run down to 10 percent every month. just dont let it go past 40 percnet then recharge,
when u let the battery run low rehcargeing causes more heat and more heat ruins the battery these batterys last longer by shorter charges i have a transformer and i never let it go below 50 and i have the tablet a year and the battery is fine

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you dont have to let the battery run down to 10 percent every month. just dont let it go past 40 percnet then recharge,
when u let the battery run low rehcargeing causes more heat and more heat ruins the battery these batterys last longer by shorter charges i have a transformer and i never let it go below 50 and i have the tablet a year and the battery is fine

Hi tazz3. There are many opinions floating around this issue based on what people read, or hear, or think "that's how it should be". And they tend to feed upon each other so that, after all the time we have now had our iPads, there continues to be a lot of unhelpful confusion and myths, IMHO. I believe that link I gave above does not support your view about low recharging ruining the battery.

The following two links which give an alternate view to yours about a "full recharge" may be worth a look. You might think about this one: "four partial recharges of 25% = one "full recharge of 100% and Apple is saying your iPad battery has an all-up life of 1000 "full" recharges.

http://www.apple.com/au/batteries/ipad.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9483836/Does-an-iPad-battery-need-discharging.html

I am no tech expert at all and my opinions are merely based on what I've read. Can you support your conclusions with some reference?

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm a battery abuser, lol. I often use my iDevices and other mobile gadgets till they shut down on their own because the battery is out. I've found that has had zero ill effects on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. For instance, I bought iPad 1 3G on debut day about three years ago and used it like crazy, and I recently gave it to a family with several kids, who are now using it even more. The battery is still going strong. There was no drop in battery life across three years' use, despite my charging abuse, lol.

My Samsung Galaxy Note battery has been less resilient with my abuse. It now charges only to 99 percent, max, and that started after less than a year. By comparison, iDevices' batteries are amazing.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a battery abuser, lol. I often use my iDevices and other mobile gadgets till they shut down on their own because the battery is out. I've found that has had zero ill effects on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. For instance, I bought iPad 1 3G on debut day about three years ago and used it like crazy, and I recently gave it to a family with several kids, who are now using it even more. The battery is still going strong. There was no drop in battery life across three years' use, despite my charging abuse, lol.

My Samsung Galaxy Note battery has been less resilient with my abuse. It now charges only to 99 percent, max, and that started after less than a year. By comparison, iDevices' batteries are amazing.
Careful! There may be an anti-battery abusers group which will now be monitoring all your admitted battery abuse! I prefer to abuse alcohol myself, LOL ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Careful! There may be an anti-battery abusers group which will now be monitoring all your admitted battery abuse! I prefer to abuse alcohol myself, LOL ;)

I think the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, lol. ... My name is Kay, and I'm a battery abuser.

Most reactions

Latest posts