What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad charging

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
I use Battery Doctor to record charging my iPad and it has been working well until I need to do a full battery charge (letting the battery run down to 10% or less). I was in the habit of doing this once a month but on the last two occasions Battery Doctor has not recorded the charge as a full charge. I haven't changed any settings in the app so I am baffled as why this has happened. I have now deleted the app but this has also deleted my charging record :(
Has anyone else experienced similar behaviour with Battery Doctor?
Mike

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I use Battery Doctor to record charging my iPad and it has been working well until I need to do a full battery charge (letting the battery run down to 10% or less). I was in the habit of doing this once a month but on the last two occasions Battery Doctor has not recorded the charge as a full charge. I haven't changed any settings in the app so I am baffled as why this has happened. I have now deleted the app but this has also deleted my charging record :(
Mike

That's interesting, because my Battery Doctor app just disappeared for some reason about 2 weeks ago. When I went back to the "purchased apps" list (it was free anyway) I no longer found it there.
I would be interested if you still see that app on your list after deleting it off your iPad. I don't much care anyway because about once a month I get my iPad down to 10% for a full charge and don't miss a charging history any more. I'm finding there is too much info overload for my brain as it is these days;)
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's interesting, because my Battery Doctor app just disappeared for some reason about 2 weeks ago. When I went back to the "purchased apps" list (it was free anyway) I no longer found it there.
I would be interested if you still see that app on your list after deleting it off your iPad. I don't much care anyway because about once a month I get my iPad down to 10% for a full charge and don't miss a charging history any more. I'm finding there is too much info overload for my brain as it is these days;)
Regards, Andrew

If you mean this app, it's no longer offered in the AppStore.

image-844480954.jpg.

image-1952221064.jpg Here's what it's showing me right now.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's the one Sci. I wonder what the story is behind that. As apps went, it was one of the better battery charge loggers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's the one Sci. I wonder what the story is behind that. As apps went, it was one of the better battery charge loggers.

BTW, I checked my AppStore purchased list and it was no longer there.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Mike

BTW, I checked my AppStore purchased list and it was no longer there.

So that seems to be the answer, guys. For some reason Apple seems to have kicked them out of the fair-ground.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just found it, searched "battery doctor" and up it came. Have now re-installed it to see how things go. I wonder if we are talking about the same app? It is actually called Kingsoft Battery Doctor HD and is by Beijingsoft.
Still I will give it another try, :)
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW, I did find it in the purchased app section in the App Store. Can't be the same one can it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, I did find it in the purchased app section in the App Store. Can't be the same one can it?

No, it's not the same one. This is the icon for the battery doctor app that's no longer in the AppStore.

image-1755694621.jpg

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-3932037466.jpg
This is the app I am on about. It looks different somehow. Typical of me if I got things wrong ;)
Hope this clarifies as this is very puzzling.
Mike

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 39548
This is the app I am on about. It looks different somehow. Typical of me if I got things wrong ;)
Hope this clarifies as this is very puzzling.
Mike

Yeah, that's the one I looked at too, Mike. Not the same and nothing like what I had that sci showed above. Sounds a bit like plagiarism to me with all these apps calling themselves Battery Doctor. I gave up using any of them anyway. They do nothing for your battery, just give some entertaining, for a while, usage logs and sounds. I recharge overnight and just let the battery run down about monthly for a full recharge, which re-calibrates the %age notice at the top of the iPad.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks OB, thought I was losing it for a while there. I used it just as a guide and for the record keeping, nothing else, especially the one full charge a month.

I think I can now put this to bed and thank everyone for their help in this matter.

Mike

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just one last question, OB, when charging overnight, is it possible that you could overcharge as the BD I used suggested? I only ask because I am sure I read somewhere that, providing you use the correct iPad charger, you will never over charge the battery.
Mike

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just one last question, OB, when charging overnight, is it possible that you could overcharge as the BD I used suggested? I only ask because I am sure I read somewhere that, providing you use the correct iPad charger, you will never over charge the battery.
Mike

It is not possible to overcharge your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mike

Hi Mike, sorry for getting back so late, been away and blame the time zone:). thewitt above, and what you read, is quite right. You can't overcharge that beastie. How do we know? Because one of the big Apple honchos tells us so:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/03/27/apple-clarifies-the-new-ipad-battery-overcharging-non-issue/

Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts