What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad charging slowly

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like my iPad all of a sudden is either charging slowly or not charging. Anyone know why? Or is it just me? Thanks.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's at 80% now. For it to go to 100 how long should it take you think without me using it?

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At about 3:30 pm I plugged it in at 50 percent. It seemed to stopped charging about 7 pm at 67 percent. I replugged it in to another outlet and it is now 81 percent at 9:45 pm.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now 82 percent while using it 2 minutes after my last post.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is the possibility that the charger or cord has become defective. You may want to have it and the iPad checked out at a local Apple Store. If you do go, don't forget to back up your iPad first. If there is a hardware problem with the iPad and it is replaced you can set up a replacement from the backup.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I will get back to you on this. 85 percent now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can try running the battery down until the iPad goes into low power shut down. Then recharge to 100%, this is recommended at least once a month to keep the battery percentage indicator properly calibrated.

It should take about 5 hours or so to fully charge the battery from fully discharged.

BTW, which iPad do you have?

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing just that of letting the battery run down low. It is at 100 percent this morning when I woke up. The model number iPad I have is 7.0.4 (11B554A). Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts