What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I dont like the tuff-luv.

its price point is good for a leather folio case.

The leather looked like it was way to loose around the inner cardboard, you could see how it didnt look as if it was pulled tight. Then with the snap buttons stand it will just get worse over time.

having to unbutton all those snaps just to stand it up and also having to snap it in place and turn it around to view the front screen is just to much effort. I want to open it, type what needs to be typed and then close it back up quickly.

The little stand flap on the back I thought would make for a good pocked for holding things like business cards but, its just used for the stand.

Also the border around the front of the ipad looks like it would be to big, running right to the edge of the screen making it hard to touch along the edge with your finger.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought "this one" $26.00 from Amazon, and couldn't be happier. Wife took it on a trip to Texas, from SF, and it was a bliss on the airplane.

Protects the ipad, looks good (not expensive looking, but good looking), lots of options to view it at an angle. I did drop my ipad while wearing it once, on concrete, absolutely no damage at all. You can even hang it over the headrests/front seat on an airplane. it definitely isn't one of those where the ipad can slip from it.

All in all, best value for the money you can get. My 64G 3G still looks brand new and safe. I leave it in the car, looks like an agenda or notebook, so double bonus.

Ditto all of this. This is an awesome case as far as practical goes. Edge and corner protection are a little bit marginal though. If you want a stand type case this is a great one.

True that. I'm just looking for a skin now, to enjoy the lightness of the iPad sometimes.

sdroadking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW - Great Case - Great Price!!

Found a folding case that has a stand feature on Ebay for $19.99. I have to say, I was a bit worried for 20 bucks considering I just paid $49 for a Belkin 'rubber,' but to my surprise, this is a really nice case for the money. Fits well, all the controls are not blocked like on some cases, and it sits in horizontal or vertical stand mode all built in. The really cool part is the whole thing is still VERY thin with magnetic flap locks! It looks like leather, but it is not leather. (does not smell leather either)

His Ebay profile is Just4You1949. He is in Hong Kong no less, but I got the case in less than one week. Like (4) days ... wow, he had to run to the post office with this. Check it out!!

HarlyFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The perfect case for me would be:

1) Nice appearance
2) Very close fitting.
3) Access to all plugs and controls
4) Removable face cover, leaving back protection for laying down.
5) Back has non-slip to avoid dropping
6) Has enough access for Apple Charging Dock .. or provides thier own dock that will work with the pad.
7) Case creates it's own vertical or horizontal stand.

Are you 'best case in the world' makers paying attention?

Don
ipad_case_vintage_brown03.jpg

Is this something that you might be interested in? Its vintage leather case. It's little pricey, but best looking and quality case I have ever seen so far for iPad.
Vintage Special Edition Leather Case for Apple iPad - Brown

This is a good looking case has anyone tried it yet?

Gemlimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I have had the Hard Candy Street Skin now for almost 2 months.

I like the case very much as it provides a TON of drop protection.

I take my Ipad everywhere with me and in and out of the car constantly and it is only a matter of time before it goes sliding across the driveway.

The corners of the case have added drop protection due to the nubs that the front cover attach to.

It would be a bit nicer if the front cover was somehow hinged on one side, My guess is that the repeated folding over would eventually crack at the seam.

My only complaint really is that I got mine in "Clear" which is a White semi transparent rubber...I am finding that the case is starting to yellow noticeably.

It is definitely more pronounced where I grip the case so I assume this is due to the oils and dirt from my hands. I wish now I had just gotten black.

Hope this helps anyone that may be interested.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the ZooGue case here.

Had it for a while, now, and few faults are showing up. The plate that you use as the bottom when you're viewing in landscape mode is going to wear first, I can tell.

Infinitely variable landscape viewing, which is the most important thing to me. And it's sturdy enough and secure enough that you can type really rather vigorously without having it run any risk of collapse.

When fully closed, it provides good, sturdy protection without hiding any port or button.

A snap claps keeps it secure in the case.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/7586-zoogue-case-warped-after-one-week.html <--The warping that this guy mentions is a valid thing to talk about. It is going to happen, sooner or later. IMHO it does not impede the usefulness or the looks of the case...when it warps in the place you'd expect.

Even the picture that the poster used to illustrate the warping does not look bad, but his warped in a place I do not understand. Most of us will eventually get slight warping on the part of the device that supports the iPad when it is being used in landscape-typing mode.

Last edited:

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the Otterbox Defender. I am loving it so far. A bit on the heavy side but the only thing I am missing is that glass shield that comes with the iPhone series.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this one with my Ipad at Best Buy.

Targus Truss Leather Case Stand for Ipad

Laptop Sleeves | THZ02203US | by Targus

Mine has a black leather exterior with a dark blue velour lining.

Lots of padding and two notches for settings in landscape.

No safe portrait stance though.

I`m pretty happy with it.

jeffreyblickman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pdair ipad case

My friend sent me a video of PDair ipad case:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0v1nAHFu30"]YouTube - The Best iPad Case? PDair Magnetic Leather Case Review[/ame]

I think its overall design is cool. Anybody bought pdair's cases before?

laila_mo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a fan of PDair, they offer variety of styles, colors and designs to choose from.
Quality are very good at a very resonable price. Strongly recommend their aluminum metals cases and leather ones. surely make your phone looks different!

Gerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased a case thru Meritline for about $9.00...it is simulated leather and works as well as a $30 case I recently bought. There are deals out there!

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, the much acclaimed Otterbox. It is not what it is all cracked up to be, in my opinion. I put the thing on and was impressed at how secure it felt. The only problem I had at the beginning was that it was so heavy but I was very much prepared to live with that.

Now, I am a teacher and very often I have to project programs from my iPad on to a screen using VGA (at least with those programs that are able to be projected) the problem was, everytime I needed to do this, I had to remove the covering that concealed the dock connection. That was annoying. I was already having to remove the covering every night to charge the iPad.

I decided that I needed a more adaptable case. This is the klinker: removing the otterbox case was impossible. I had to actually break the frame, then rock the iPad out of the case. One hundred bucks down the drain. They say you pay to learn. No more expensive cases for me.

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a week with a Targus Truss I'm pleased. It is sturdy, high quality, looks good, performs good, makes a good platform to work from, and feels good to hold. I wish it had a snap instead of the elastic cord to close it but I'm happy anyway. Well worth $50.

Most reactions

Latest posts