What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Case Reviews

jshollax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't like how the fuzz and crumbs get caught around the edges of the apple case. Its great for keeping the screen protected when not in use tho.

cab4872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad and I don't have a case yet. Am I crazy? I know I probably should get one but I like the "lightness" of not having one!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad and I don't have a case yet. Am I crazy? I know I probably should get one but I like the "lightness" of not having one!

It's a bit slippery to hold uncased, in my experience. I wouldn't want to carry it about without something around it to grip.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit slippery to hold uncased, in my experience. I wouldn't want to carry it about without something around it to grip.

This is for sure! Its looking to me like the Eazel is the best combination of stand and case I've seen. Now, if they would just hurry up and start shipping them!

sdroadking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage spg pouch

Vintage Special Edition Leather Case for Apple iPad - Brown

YES -- -SUPER NICE ... SUPER PRICE $72.99.

Close .. be nice to remove the cover when you don't need the protection or the stand and still have the feel of the slim Ipad in your hand with back cover scratch protection.

The port holes look big enough to dock ... but would have to try on to make sure.

sdroadking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Belkin GRIP ... not sure where they got the word "Grip" from as the cover is slippery as heck .. almost dropped the pad. Took it off and washed it to get the rubber preservative off it .. that helped, but no front protection so I am still looking.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the Marware Eco Vue.
I got it last week from ipadforums store. It does add some weight, but is also adds confidence of protection and a built in kickstand. I really like kick stand for reading on a table or even in my lap. It will also stay open in portrait mode on a table, if you like.
There is a strap on the back for one-handed holding. I would use it more if the ipad had a way to turn pages on the left side instead of the right.
Overall, I am glad I got this case.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would use it more if the ipad had a way to turn pages on the left side instead of the right.
Overall, I am glad I got this case.

Have you ever tried turning pages on the left side??? I do it all the time!!! ;). Works the same as on the right side!!!

deymanuel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just returned mu ipad case to apple coz it just dont cut it. then i ordered a leather one from a store here in Australia (padacs.com) and i am happy with it.

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TPU cover stand combo

For those who like the feel and protection of a sleek TPU cover and want the convenience of hands-free use, Check out the hFpro... Item number: 170499827295 on ebay...

Hope in enhances your ipad experience as much as it does mine

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the iFrogz Luxe cover and so far so good. It fits well, pretty sturdy and decent grip. I use that with a standard HP netbook sleeve which has a pocket in the front too. Works great for the iPad.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered some cheapo accessories from Ebay, just to try out.

A neoprene case - had one pretty much exactly the same for my netbook, and it was great for protecting from sctratches and bumps in my bag.

A clear hard plastic shell for the back of the iPad - again, Ive had one of these on my touch and found it pretty good. I upgraded to a full snap-on shell which covered the bezel of the touch too, but couldnt find an iPad one. This also comes with a screen protector - although I suck at applying those lol.

A stand - this is the one Im not sure about. It looks cheap as hell, but a friend who has one says its great in landscape, but not at all sturdy in portrait.

The whole lot cost me around £10, so Im not too bothered if they arent up to much. WIll let you know how they go when I get the iPad :)

Attachments

• 24896.jpg
    24896.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 264

iHoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success at iGearUSA

I ordered a PadStand similar to the Apple case at igearusa.com. $10 less and ships right away. They also have a nice black leather version (Padfolio) and a carbon fiber version. Search the ipad area of their site.

Kiahuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon case

I bought "this one" $26.00 from Amazon, and couldn't be happier. Wife took it on a trip to Texas, from SF, and it was a bliss on the airplane.

Protects the ipad, looks good (not expensive looking, but good looking), lots of options to view it at an angle. I did drop my ipad while wearing it once, on concrete, absolutely no damage at all. You can even hang it over the headrests/front seat on an airplane. it definitely isn't one of those where the ipad can slip from it.

All in all, best value for the money you can get. My 64G 3G still looks brand new and safe. I leave it in the car, looks like an agenda or notebook, so double bonus.

Ditto all of this. This is an awesome case as far as practical goes. Edge and corner protection are a little bit marginal though. If you want a stand type case this is a great one.

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts