What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad capacity, storage?

mikedatlga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32G iPad. I synced with itunes and would only load 8G of music, movies and pictures. I didn'y install any apps and the capacity gauge in itunes show 25G of 'other'. What is other and how do I control the size?

Mike D

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
How many applications do you have installed? I imagine much of that are your apps. If I remember correctly the file system and OS are about 1.5GB out of the box, so that doesn't take up much space.

OP
M

mikedatlga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No apps yet. I did add an email account, not sure if email content is kept on the iPad?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have 25GB of other?? How is that possible??

That is basically app data and temp files.

OP
M

mikedatlga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I did not install apps yet, but I did setup a yahoo email account. I don't know what else it could be. I didn't see anything in the email setup that looked like it would help.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I did not install apps yet, but I did setup a yahoo email account. I don't know what else it could be. I didn't see anything in the email setup that looked like it would help.

Balls.

OP
M

mikedatlga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Balls?
I did the restore. I never really figured out what caused it to fill up, but it is ok now.

Thanks Brad

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just shows you that the current memory offerings will soon be inadequate. Next year 512GB Killer Edition iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts